Missing Texts

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Since i got my Photon, on 3 separate occasions (including today), i do not receive some or all of my text messages until i reset my phone. Then they all come through.

Does anyone know what can cause this? At first i thought it was my air rave, because i had problems in the past, but i stopped using it because i thought it was causing this problem, but it happened today again. Any possible solutions?

Thanks,

Walter E Kurtz

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Is the Air Rave the thing that plugs into the internet to give you a better signal in your house?

Sometimes I had your problem with my Treo 755p. The problem I believe was attributed to insufficient signal. I have yet to have this problem on my Photon though.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes, but i disconnected it and my texts are still delayed and sometimes I don't get them till I reset my phone. I didn't have this problem with my evo 3d.

Slam08

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I use google voice for texts and voicemail. I've noticed that sometimes on wifi the texts come through but I gon't get a notification. When I'm on 3G I get the notification sound and the text shows up.

Does your issue happen when your on wifi or 3G? or maybe it doesn't matter.

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Get your MSL and on you dialer ##72786# and this will reset your phone with Sprints network. You will not lose any info on the phone, it just refreshes your phone to the network as if new.

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
What text message app are you using? If you open the app does it show the new messages? It could be an app issue. Wondering if you are just not getting the notification yet the text is there?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

nilorivera

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I sometimes stop getting text messages until I reboot the photo, and then I get all the old messages in a row (sometimes over 20 messages in a row). Last time I did not receive any text messages for over 24 hours until I rebooted the photon. I am using the default software/text-msg application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze