Visual Voicemail Not Liking Bluetooth!

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
That's why I said....AFTER turning off BT. :p

That's strange behavior, my friend. The proximity sensor works good for me, fortunately.

I guess if my only problem with this phone is I can't listen to Visual Voicemails through my BT, I can't really complain. I'll just have to toggle off BT to listen to them or dial into VM with my BT connected. Bottom line is there are ways for me to retrieve my messages even though they may be slightly annoying.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Doing the hard key data wipe, it fixed my BT for 3 days. Those 3 days though I didn't reboot at all. As soon as I rebooted, the problem resumed. Although, it did fix the volume problem with my HX550 headset. I'm so frustrated right now, I could throw this (*&^*&^*&^)*)& out the window.:mad:

Have you found a solution for your situation?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you found a solution for your situation?

Sorry, I haven't. I'm just going to deal with it till Nov. 1st (have another upgrade coming) and get another phone. I'm going to give the moPho to my son as it's flawless if you don't use BT. He's 12 and bluetooth is not on his agenda yet! ;)

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I haven't. I'm just going to deal with it till Nov. 1st (have another upgrade coming) and get another phone. I'm going to give the moPho to my son as it's flawless if you don't use BT. He's 12 and bluetooth is not on his agenda yet! ;)

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! Visual Voicemail is my only BT problem. I hope an update fixes it. I'm going to do another factory reset this weekend.

Have you tried getting your phone replaced? It doesn't seem like others are having the same issue you are experiencing.

If you do get a different phone, which one are you leaning towards?

djmiked

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the VVM BT problem and I also have the proximity sensor issue AFTER using BT in the car. My proximity sensor works great all the time EXCEPT if I use BT in the car. After that when I put the phone up to my face to make a call, the screen stays on. A reboot of the phone resets the proximity sensor and all is well until I use the BT in the car with the phone. If I never use the BT in the car I never have the problem.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I have the VVM BT problem and I also have the proximity sensor issue AFTER using BT in the car. My proximity sensor works great all the time EXCEPT if I use BT in the car. After that when I put the phone up to my face to make a call, the screen stays on. A reboot of the phone resets the proximity sensor and all is well until I use the BT in the car with the phone. If I never use the BT in the car I never have the problem.

Do you have the in-pocket detection turned on? This was messing with my sensor, so I turned it off.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
This is a known issue with Sprint tech support. The same problem with the EVO 3D and Epic Touch. No fix in site. They just told me to manually go into the regular voicemailinstead of using the VV notification to listen. What a pain the behind. Give us the option to completely remove this if you cant get it workikng Sprint!

sidbee2011.com

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I just bought an HTC MyTouch from T-Mobile, activated Visual Voicemail and got a shock:

Visual Voicemail does NOT support bluetooth for listening to voicemails.

What a crock! This is supposed to be an iPhone-killer (iPhone 5 is out today!) and is supposed to do almost everything with voice and bluetooth -- yet it still requires me to hold the face of my unit up to my ear to listen to messages!

Either this is the biggest failure in history (reminiscent of how Microsoft kept going wrong with Windows emulating the Mac operating system) or there's something very wrong with tech support

No user with bluetooth could possibly be happy with Visual Voicemail, and the old voicemail has been obsolete since the iPhone 1. When tech support told me that bluetooth is not supported for Visual Voicemail, I could not believe it, and escalated as high as I could within T-Mobile, but got no satisfaction. T-Mobile blames Google and/or HTC for the failure, yet I know from my 30 years as a software engineer that this is strictly a software issue.

None of these companies should be happy with this situation, yet none seems to have taken any action to fix it.

As I said, this is a crock! $500 for a phone and $100 a month for "service" should get me better than this.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
When my BT earpiece is connected, visual voicemail will not play messages through it. If a message is 2:15 long, the scrub bar just flies through it as if it was only 1 second long. If I disconnect my earpiece, vvm plays messages properly. If I reconnect it, most of the time, the messages will play through the earpiece successfully. Of course, this behavior is annoying.

Anyone else experiencing behavior like this? Any solutions out there?

I'm using the Plantronics Voyager Pro+ BT earpiece.

I'm THRILLED to report that I've found a way to fix this issue. The answer is Better YouMail (link). It is working flawlessly with by Bluetooth. Report back if you have success with it too!

Rolds72

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
When my BT earpiece is connected, visual voicemail will not play messages through it. If a message is 2:15 long, the scrub bar just flies through it as if it was only 1 second long. If I disconnect my earpiece, vvm plays messages properly. If I reconnect it, most of the time, the messages will play through the earpiece successfully. Of course, this behavior is annoying.

Anyone else experiencing behavior like this? Any solutions out there?

I'm using the Plantronics Voyager Pro+ BT earpiece.

Update: I'm THRILLED to report that I've found a way to fix this issue. The answer is Better YouMail (link). It is working flawlessly with by Bluetooth. Report back if you have success with it too!

This fix the issue for me with the Samsung S7 Edge. How To Fix Galaxy S7 Bluetooth Problems | RecomHub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde