Visual Voicemail Not Liking Bluetooth!

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
When my BT earpiece is connected, visual voicemail will not play messages through it. If a message is 2:15 long, the scrub bar just flies through it as if it was only 1 second long. If I disconnect my earpiece, vvm plays messages properly. If I reconnect it, most of the time, the messages will play through the earpiece successfully. Of course, this behavior is annoying.

Anyone else experiencing behavior like this? Any solutions out there?

I'm using the Plantronics Voyager Pro+ BT earpiece.

Update: I'm THRILLED to report that I've found a way to fix this issue. The answer is Better YouMail (link). It is working flawlessly with by Bluetooth. Report back if you have success with it too!

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yup! Me too!

Although sjamie,
I did a full wipe using the bootloader as well as a full wipe on the partition cache (directions are on moto's photon forum site) and that seemed to have cleared up all my BT woes!

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
This is a dumb question, but how did you get to visual voicemail at all? I would like to use this but haven't figured out how to get to it.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Yup! Me too!

Although sjamie,
I did a full wipe using the bootloader as well as a full wipe on the partition cache (directions are on moto's photon forum site) and that seemed to have cleared up all my BT woes!

I really hope there's a way to fix this without a full swipe.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yup! Me too!

Although sjamie,

This sounds promising! Would you please post the link... that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
What BT you using? I still have the problem of my proximity sensor not working AFTER turning off my BT. I've tried everything. Any suggestions?

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'm about to execute these steps right now.

Everyone, here's the direct (link) to the post mentioned above. Thanks again, Gator352.

Unfortunately, I still have the same BT problem after executing all of these steps! :(

At least, my phone is running smoother overall. :)

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
What BT you using? I still have the problem of my proximity sensor not working AFTER turning off my BT. I've tried everything. Any suggestions?

I'm using a Plantronics Voyager Pro+ and I have no problems with the proximity sensor. Remember, the proximity sensor is NOT active when using BT.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I still have the same BT problem after executing all of these steps! :(

At least, my phone is running smoother overall. :)

Doing the hard key data wipe, it fixed my BT for 3 days. Those 3 days though I didn't reboot at all. As soon as I rebooted, the problem resumed. Although, it did fix the volume problem with my HX550 headset. I'm so frustrated right now, I could throw this (*&^*&^*&^)*)& out the window.:mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2