01-18-2017 07:07 AM
32 12
tools
    When my BT earpiece is connected, visual voicemail will not play messages through it. If a message is 2:15 long, the scrub bar just flies through it as if it was only 1 second long. If I disconnect my earpiece, vvm plays messages properly. If I reconnect it, most of the time, the messages will play through the earpiece successfully. Of course, this behavior is annoying.

Anyone else experiencing behavior like this? Any solutions out there?

I'm using the Plantronics Voyager Pro+ BT earpiece.

Update: I'm THRILLED to report that I've found a way to fix this issue. The answer is Better YouMail (link). It is working flawlessly with by Bluetooth. Report back if you have success with it too!
    09-11-2011 11:35 AM
    Yup! Me too!

Although sjamie,
    I did a full wipe using the bootloader as well as a full wipe on the partition cache (directions are on moto's photon forum site) and that seemed to have cleared up all my BT woes!
    09-12-2011 03:44 AM
    This is a dumb question, but how did you get to visual voicemail at all? I would like to use this but haven't figured out how to get to it.
    09-12-2011 09:01 AM
    This is a dumb question, but how did you get to visual voicemail at all? I would like to use this but haven't figured out how to get to it.
    Open the app drawer, scroll down to "V" tap the Voicemail icon....
    Puzzlegal likes this.
    09-12-2011 10:37 AM
    Yup! Me too!

Although sjamie,
    I did a full wipe using the bootloader as well as a full wipe on the partition cache (directions are on moto's photon forum site) and that seemed to have cleared up all my BT woes!
    I really hope there's a way to fix this without a full swipe.
    09-12-2011 10:44 AM
    I really hope there's a way to fix this without a full swipe.
    You could try going into bluetooth settings, unpair the headset, reboot your MoPho, then repair the headset.....
    09-12-2011 10:56 AM
    You could try going into bluetooth settings, unpair the headset, reboot your MoPho, then repair the headset.....
    Tried that with no improvement.
    09-13-2011 12:27 PM
    Yup! Me too!

Although sjamie,
    This sounds promising! Would you please post the link... that would be very helpful. Thanks!
    09-13-2011 12:30 PM
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...rt=75&tstart=0

There ya go! Just scroll down a little and you'll see the directions.
    sjamie likes this.
    09-14-2011 07:20 PM
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...rt=75&tstart=0

There ya go! Just scroll down a little and you'll see the directions.
    Thanks! I'm about to execute these steps right now.

Everyone, here's the direct (link) to the post mentioned above. Thanks again, Gator352.
    09-14-2011 10:25 PM
    Open the app drawer, scroll down to "V" tap the Voicemail icon....
    Of course, that app is on my home screen. I guess I've always gotten into voicemail some other way. :shrug:
    09-15-2011 05:59 AM
    Long press the number 1?

Otherwise I've always gotten to VM with the icon on the home screen.
    09-15-2011 01:55 PM
    Long press the number 1?

Otherwise I've always gotten to VM with the icon on the home screen.
    I've been using my (true) voicemail when my BT is active. VV is much easier though.
    09-15-2011 02:28 PM
    What BT you using? I still have the problem of my proximity sensor not working AFTER turning off my BT. I've tried everything. Any suggestions?
    09-15-2011 05:57 PM
    What BT you using? I still have the problem of my proximity sensor not working AFTER turning off my BT. I've tried everything. Any suggestions?
    If it's on, turn off your in pocket detection. See here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...een-stays.html
    09-15-2011 08:18 PM
    Thanks! I'm about to execute these steps right now.

Everyone, here's the direct (link) to the post mentioned above. Thanks again, Gator352.
    Unfortunately, I still have the same BT problem after executing all of these steps!

At least, my phone is running smoother overall.
    09-15-2011 10:23 PM
    I'm using a Plantronics Voyager Pro+ and I have no problems with the proximity sensor. Remember, the proximity sensor is NOT active when using BT.
    09-15-2011 10:27 PM
    If it's on, turn off your in pocket detection. See here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...een-stays.html
    Yeah, done that. No go.
    09-16-2011 05:22 PM
    Unfortunately, I still have the same BT problem after executing all of these steps!

At least, my phone is running smoother overall.
    Doing the hard key data wipe, it fixed my BT for 3 days. Those 3 days though I didn't reboot at all. As soon as I rebooted, the problem resumed. Although, it did fix the volume problem with my HX550 headset. I'm so frustrated right now, I could throw this (*&^*&^*&^)*)& out the window.
    09-16-2011 05:26 PM
    I'm using a Plantronics Voyager Pro+ and I have no problems with the proximity sensor. Remember, the proximity sensor is NOT active when using BT.
    That's why I said....AFTER turning off BT.
    09-16-2011 05:28 PM
    That's why I said....AFTER turning off BT.
    That's strange behavior, my friend. The proximity sensor works good for me, fortunately.

I guess if my only problem with this phone is I can't listen to Visual Voicemails through my BT, I can't really complain. I'll just have to toggle off BT to listen to them or dial into VM with my BT connected. Bottom line is there are ways for me to retrieve my messages even though they may be slightly annoying.
    09-17-2011 12:46 AM
    Doing the hard key data wipe, it fixed my BT for 3 days. Those 3 days though I didn't reboot at all. As soon as I rebooted, the problem resumed. Although, it did fix the volume problem with my HX550 headset. I'm so frustrated right now, I could throw this (*&^*&^*&^)*)& out the window.
    Have you found a solution for your situation?
    09-21-2011 12:15 AM
    Have you found a solution for your situation?
    Sorry, I haven't. I'm just going to deal with it till Nov. 1st (have another upgrade coming) and get another phone. I'm going to give the moPho to my son as it's flawless if you don't use BT. He's 12 and bluetooth is not on his agenda yet!
    09-21-2011 04:17 AM
    Sorry, I haven't. I'm just going to deal with it till Nov. 1st (have another upgrade coming) and get another phone. I'm going to give the moPho to my son as it's flawless if you don't use BT. He's 12 and bluetooth is not on his agenda yet!
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! Visual Voicemail is my only BT problem. I hope an update fixes it. I'm going to do another factory reset this weekend.

Have you tried getting your phone replaced? It doesn't seem like others are having the same issue you are experiencing.

If you do get a different phone, which one are you leaning towards?
    09-21-2011 11:20 PM
    I have the VVM BT problem and I also have the proximity sensor issue AFTER using BT in the car. My proximity sensor works great all the time EXCEPT if I use BT in the car. After that when I put the phone up to my face to make a call, the screen stays on. A reboot of the phone resets the proximity sensor and all is well until I use the BT in the car with the phone. If I never use the BT in the car I never have the problem.
    09-22-2011 10:16 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD