Autocomplete/autocorrect question - coming from a Pre

bluedonut

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello Android world,

I would consider myself a seasoned newbie on Android. I've learned a lot in the past few weeks, but I still have a ways to go.

On my Pre, I was able to set up some auto-correct/auto-complete entries so that when I typed "u", it automatically changed to "you". Same with "bsit" becoming "babysit".

I have not found a way to get this set up yet on my Photon. Anyone out there know how this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance!

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for the same thing! So far, the only way I've been able to achieve something similar is to use Smart Keyboard. The problem is the autotext entries you set up only work when using that specific keyboard and I like using Go Keyboard Pro MUCH better than Smart Keyboard.

fage88

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
try swiftkey x. it is really great. learns from your facebook, twitter, and sms the prediction is outstanding and the auto correct is very good

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I simply bit the bullet and switched to Smart Keyboard Pro which does allow autotext. It really is a time saver. Does SwiftKey X allow autotext yet? Another autotext keyboard is called A.I.type Keyboard (link). I'm going to give that one a try too.

Anyone know of any other keyboards that support autotext?

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I use Ultra Keyboard and I love it. It has swipe to type, predictions, substitutions, themes, and you can customize just about every thing.

- from my MoPho via Tapatalk

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think autocorrect is a function of the keyboard on Andriod, not a system thing. So you can only get it within a particualr keyboard app.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Ultra Keyboard and I love it. It has swipe to type, predictions, substitutions, themes, and you can customize just about every thing.

- from my MoPho via Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll look into this one. I really rely on autotext/substitutions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech