REALIABLE Phone Call Record App! Motorola Photon 4g?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I found an app. It's called speaker phone and a lecture recorder cassette mic thing ;)

Swyped from my photon using t-talk 2

skyfire12

May 30, 2012
Visit site
has anyone tried the Bluetooth voice recorder yet? I ordered one but have to wait 10 days to get it. If they work I may offer them for sale through my company as a solution until someone figures out an app that works. I have rooted my phone and everything else but still no apps I can find will work. They all just record dead space... and the idea of indefinitely for minutes on a service bites.. rather buy a device one time despite the fact that I have to pack it around...

Last edited:

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
has anyone tried the Bluetooth voice recorder yet? I ordered one but have to wait 10 days to get it. If they work I may offer them for sale through my company as a solution until someone figures out an app that works. I have rooted my phone and everything else but still no apps I can find will work. They all just record dead space... and the idea of indefinitely for minutes on a service bites.. rather buy a device one time despite the fact that I have to pack it around...

Please report back with your results. I truly hope it works!

dcervan123

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
:cool:UNBEILEVABLE ?Sjamie and I are still hoping for a reliable call/record app for the Photon 4/g?(June 14,2012) Geez, It has been so long a new operating system is being released (Ice Cream Sandwhich). I hope this one will enable the user to record calls!

dcervan123

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok J, It looks like you and I are the only ones who still believe that it is possible... The Photon may get call record capabilities some day... I just downloaded an upgrade yesterday... and Ive been told that Icecream Sandwhich will be coming out in a couple of weeks... In september I will be buying a blue tooth call record device...

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
and Ive been told that Icecream Sandwhich will be coming out in a couple of weeks... In september I will be buying a blue tooth call record device...

ICS in a couple of weeks? Moto's own support page says Q4 2012...that means the earliest is Oct 1, latest Dec 31.

So if 10-22 weeks out is a 'couple'...then yes...a couple weeks.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any luck finding a reliable recording app yet? It is unfortunate that Moto pulled the plug on giving us the ICS upgrade.

GPhoenix

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any luck finding a reliable recording app yet? It is unfortunate that Moto pulled the plug on giving us the ICS upgrade.

Have you tried posting this question in the Q&A section on XDA Developers under Android > General or possible Photon 4G > Q&A? I would definitely be interested too in such an app because from my experience since the 1st day of owning the phone and having issues with Sprint network every once in a while when there is a tower down or update calls are missed and text messages are either lost or delayed.

The worst part is there is no record/history/indication that someone has tried to contact you and they couldn't without either you asking people or they get frustrated not being able to reach you and tell you or send you an email to let you know. Sprint and Motorola reps will not suggest or provide a solution other than reboot the phone, do a reset, etc.

I have a feeling that Sprint/Motorola may not want us to have such records because it could be compromised their business if we can prove their network or device is unreliable. That is just one angle of looking at it, although I would imagine I would want my customers to know the details of when they can or cannot receive calls to narrow down the actual problem and fix the root cause.

dcervan123

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
:)Unbelievable! It?s been almost two years and I never found an app that can record calls on my Motorola Photon 4g. My contract will be up in July. I think I?ll just get another phone. Right now I?m thinking about the Samsung Note 2 or 3. The Motorola Photon 4g is an awesome phone. But I don?t think it is going to get the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade any time soon?I?m not sure but I don?t think it will be available for the Motorola Photon 4g at all. So long you all??David?. Lcervantes03@comcast.net;)

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It won't be. Ever. Its a lost cause. I got the note 2 and haven't looked back

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000