cost me $20....sorry this is a n00b question...

now what?

I launched the camera which asked me if I want to store pics there...I said ok...

Should I be storing apps there?

Should I move my current music there (there isn't much yet)...

Export contacts/bookmarks?

What can/should I do with the memory?

Coming from a Pre we didn't have the added memory option...
    10-21-2011 11:24 PM
    Don't really need to move ur apps there since there is also 16 gigs of onboard storage (more like 8 useable, but still more than enough), where ur apps are stored by default. When u look at ur files, internal storage will be labled "sdcard", while the card u installed will be "sdcardext". Id put the music on ur card so when u get a different phone (or have to get a replacement), u can Just swap the card. Same with bookmarks. I wouldn't worry about exporting contacts as long as u sync to ur Google account. Enjoy ur MoPho!
    10-22-2011 03:17 AM
    If storage was never a problem on your Pre it will be less of a problem on your Photon.
    With the extra 16 gig you could put your music and your photo's on it. You could also put any movies you want to watch if you go on a long trip
    10-22-2011 05:30 AM
    If storage was never a problem on your Pre it will be less of a problem on your Photon.
    With the extra 16 gig you could put your music and your photo's on it. You could also put any movies you want to watch if you go on a long trip
    This brings up a question for me, if you want to put videos on your Photon, which format should they be in and which app would you recommend to play them with? Thanks.
    10-22-2011 09:41 AM
    Don't put apps there. There all sorts of apps that don't work right from the SD card, and there's plenty of room for apps in internal storage.

Do put all your media there: photos, music, videos. Why not?
    I recommend QuikPic for photos. It's way better than the stock photo app for local stuff. I am not a heavy music user and haven't used any videos, so I can't comment on those.
    10-22-2011 11:06 AM
    where did you get a 16gb card for $20? please share

edit-theyre all over amazon...didnt realize they were that inexpensive
    10-22-2011 11:54 AM
    Don't put apps there. There all sorts of apps that don't work right from the SD card, and there's plenty of room for apps in internal storage.

Do put all your media there: photos, music, videos. Why not?
    I recommend QuikPic for photos. It's way better than the stock photo app for local stuff. I am not a heavy music user and haven't used any videos, so I can't comment on those.
    +1 on quickpic, great app, really fast once the pics are cached. If u want a really great free music player, get Cubed. Has a nice UI and widget, and downloads all ur missing album artwork, even for unorganized artists and songs.
    10-24-2011 08:30 PM
    where did you get a 16gb card for $20? please share

edit-theyre all over amazon...didnt realize they were that inexpensive
    Fry's has 2gb-8gb micro SD cards for <$15, 16gb $17-$30 and 32gb for $60

Couldn't see spending $60 on that much memory if I didn't NEED it.

$20 was a decent threshold for me.
    10-25-2011 03:19 PM
    Is there an an easy way to move music and pics to the SD card? I just put in an 8 GB card I picked up cheap.
    11-20-2011 06:25 PM
    Is there an an easy way to move music and pics to the SD card? I just put in an 8 GB card I picked up cheap.
    Are u trying to move stuff from ur computer or from internal storage?
    11-23-2011 02:10 AM
    Ur SD card will be labeled SD ext on ur computer. When u connect ur phone go to the drop down menu and select USB mass storage. I just drag and drop files, seems the easiest way to me, even on a Mac.
    11-23-2011 02:16 AM
    Are u trying to move stuff from ur computer or from internal storage?
    If from the computer to the SD card, I liked the Motorola Media Link. I use a Mac, and it understood both iTunes and iPhoto, and conveniently let me move stuff from albums in both to the SD card. By default it put stuff into internal memory, so check the options before you move things.

If from internal storage, there are a number of file utility programs that do this. I've used Astro File Manager.
    11-23-2011 07:24 AM
    As far as videos go, they have to be in mp4 format. I had used the media link software to convert the movie so it would play on my phone. I've noticed that some apps (amazon) doesnt give you the option to save to your sd card. It automatically saves to internal storage. Not that it's a deal breaker, just something to keep in mind.
    12-04-2011 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD