Will rooting destroy my 4G...and a few more questions?

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I'm trading for a Photon from the Evo 3D today because of the signal strength on the Moto. I'm rooted on my Evo but have seen that rooting and running roms on the Photon will keep the 4G from working. Really, I just want a 4G wireless hotspot at the least. I'm not even sure what Moto roms will do.

I've made up my mind to switch to Moto...now I just want to know if I can root it and keep 4G.and run a 4G wifi hotspot. I'd love to know what else rooting can do but these are my big questions. Please help!

Jason

liggy

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I'm trading for a Photon from the Evo 3D today because of the signal strength on the Moto. I'm rooted on my Evo but have seen that rooting and running roms on the Photon will keep the 4G from working. Really, I just want a 4G wireless hotspot at the least. I'm not even sure what Moto roms will do.

I've made up my mind to switch to Moto...now I just want to know if I can root it and keep 4G.and run a 4G wifi hotspot. I'd love to know what else rooting can do but these are my big questions. Please help!

Jason
Jason,

I've been rooted for several weeks now per these instructions and Youtube video:

[ACS] Photon 4G AIO root *working* - xda-developers

Worked like a charm (just make sure you properly install the drivers on your PC), and never had a problem getting 4G to work since then!! There might be a better/different method since then as this was before recent OTA updates, which I have not installed!

Reactions: Derek_B

gollyzila

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Jason,

I've been rooted for several weeks now per these instructions and Youtube video:

[ACS] Photon 4G AIO root *working* - xda-developers

Worked like a charm (just make sure you properly install the drivers on your PC), and never had a problem getting 4G to work since then!! There might be a better/different method since then as this was before recent OTA updates, which I have not installed!
Ditto

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow!! It actually worked. Thanks everyone. Now....if we can get a rom working that keeps 4G alive..... I'll keep waiting. We'll all keep waiting. It's gotta come soon.

Now.....can we unroot just in case? Anything else I should know about this thing...coming from the Evo 3D. I never thought I'd go moto... The widgets are obnoxious but the "phone" portion just works better. Big plus!