Anybody try the 3500mah battery for the Photon yet?

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I have looked everywhere for a extened battery for the Photon but no luck. Then I remembered I got a generic 3500 battery for my evo4g and it worked great. Has anybody got one for the Photon yet? I'm going to get one in a week or 2. You can get 2 3500mah batteries with a wall charger and free shipping from hong kong for about $23 if anybody is interested.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have seen a guy in the usa selling the same battery but just 1 instead of 2 on ebay for about $20. So its ether pay a lil more to get 2 batteries, 2 covers, and a wal charger and have to wait 3 - 4 weeks for delivery. OR Pay $20 for 1 Battery and 1 cover and get it in a few days, 1 week at tops. I don't need 2 but getting an extra plus a wall charger is a better deal for a few bucks more. But the wait time is a bummer. As soon as you get yours, upload some pics and specs about diff time drains between the stock and extended battery.

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I would try the extended battery, but I don't want my photon to look like it's ready to give birth to an HP veer at any moment. :p

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I have looked everywhere for a extened battery for the Photon but no luck. Then I remembered I got a generic 3500 battery for my evo4g and it worked great. Has anybody got one for the Photon yet? I'm going to get one in a week or 2. You can get 2 3500mah batteries with a wall charger and free shipping from hong kong for about $23 if anybody is interested.

I just bought the 3600 from a company in Hong Kong called Mugen Power, for USD $99.

Installed and charged up overnight for the first time, and I'm still above 70% going into the third day, with only moderate use - email, Usenet, gReader+, daily alarm and the occasional use of the browser, and turning it off at night.

Pricey, but I like it very much!

Mark Edwards

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the 3600 from a company in Hong Kong called Mugen Power, for USD $99.

Installed and charged up overnight for the first time, and I'm still above 70% going into the third day, with only moderate use - email, Usenet, gReader+, daily alarm and the occasional use of the browser, and turning it off at night.

Pricey, but I like it very much!

Mark Edwards

I just ordered one of these. Do you think there is room inside the back cover to glue in one or two little disk magnets so I can continue to use my old Pre touchstones as docks? That's been working really well, but presumably won't work with the fat back unless I modify it.

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I was going to order one, but then realized that I wouldn't be able to use the lapdock 100 phone holder slot with the thicker Photon.

So...I'm going to hold off a bit until I decide if I'm going to purchase the lapdock. If so, i'll likely get a 2nd standard battery.

euge810

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was getting a little under 12 hours with the stock battery after "conditioning it" (letting it run out of power until it shutdown, then charging until full and maybe 2 hrs on top of that) for about a week. Pretty good after coming from a HTC EVO 4G which would almost make it 8 hours. I'm a moderate user. Usually just texting, reading email and FB, and the occasional browsing and phone call.

About a week ago, I received the "Seidio Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery" direct from their website. I expected after about a week of "conditioning" I would be in the ball park of 14 - 16 hours on a full charge plus 2 - 3 hrs after full.

Boy I was WRONG! The Seidio is barely making it to 11 - 12 hours! I'm going to email them this week if the situation doesn't improve. If not, I'm going to return it and go back to stock battery for a while. Hopefully this is just a glitch for the first batch. Maybe v1.1 will fare better.

PREtarted

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
It really sucks to hear this because I've been so pleased with the 3800mAh I bought for my Pre almost 2 years ago. The stock battery never made it past noon, but my 3800 (Mugen) worked from 5am 'til usually after midnight. I kinda assumed that both Seidio and Mugen would be reliable brands. Actually, what brought me here was a search to see if Seidio's battery performance perhaps even had an edge on Mugen's.

Hopefully, the above poster's experience was a fluke, because there's a whole bunch of us out here who rely on long-life batteries and don't give a flying rat's about making our phones thinner. In fact, way back when the "brick" portable cellular first evolved into a smaller phone, decisonmakers somewhere, unfortunately, redirected consumer focus with the shiny distraction of phone size rather than quality. I activated one of my 6-year-old Treos the other day because my android smartphone is turning dumber every day. I don't drop calls ANYWHERE and even use it for texting and internet at 40,000 feet! Try that with a so-called, more "technologically advanced," android, pre, or iphone. How did we consumers let this happen?

If consumers had been given a choice, at the beginning of cell phone evolution, to retain optimal cellphone performance, or to sacrifice some of that quality in order to someday have a phone that fits into that otherwise pointless jeans coin pocket, clearly millions would have opted for function over form. As it is, we're relegated to the back of the bus with the other geeks, poindexters, and troublemakers until the rest of the world wakes up and realizes a portable phone really ought to be, um, completely portable. Not everyone spends their day near electrical outlets and car chargers.

Will you join me in the movement to Halt Even More Miniaturization, O R, Halt Da Really Odious, Idiotic, Diminution Syndrome; or HEMMORHDROIDS for short?</EndOfMyRant>

euge810

May 16, 2010
Visit site
"Hopefully, the above poster's experience was a fluke, because there's a whole bunch of us out here who rely on long-life batteries and don't give a flying rat's about making our phones thinner."

Me too. I was actually contacted by a Seidio customer service rep on here and they are sending me another battery. Hopefully this one works out. I'm very optimistic it will.

rbeavers

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine Tuesday. Waiting 3 to 4 week on the slow boat from China.

Got it Sat.

Photon no thicker or heavy as it is in the Otter Box Defender case.
Battery twice as big plus a hair as stock battery.
Back cover looks and feels as good as original just bigger.
No battery stats yet.

IMHO worth the price. ($11.95)

Last edited:

LeaninBack916

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Got it Sat.

Photon no thicker or heavy as it is in the Otter Box Defender case.
Battery twice as big plus a hair as stock battery.
Back cover looks and feels as good as original just bigger.
No battery stats yet.

IMHO worth the price. ($11.95)

11.95? Link to that price. I'd give it a whirl for that. I am a heavy user, if I could go day to night with a battery that's all I want. I am a music head between the phone app and Pandora, I got IN.