Photon Alarm sound is low

Moegitto

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anybody knew the solution to this? This kinda sucks because I like to put my phone by my pillow and use it as an alarm. I have all my sounds turned up, but the sounds is pretty pathetic.

zooradley

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue... volume was up, wasn't using the 'increasing volume' feature. Couldn't figure it out the problem. After a couple close calls (oversleeping), I downloaded Alarm Clock Plus (by CVP) and it's been great.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I love moto's hardware but they need to universally file the software designers. It's obvious they need more training in software development.

The software in my sons leapfrog pc thingy is more advanced and works better than any software made by moto on my photon. Don't get me wrong, the mopho is awsome, just not the software.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any problems with the stock alarm volume. I did transfer the "dulcimer" ring tone from my Pre to the Photon to use that as my alarm sound. Maybe you just need to change what tone it's using.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The sound is about twice as loud if the back isn't muffled against something soft like your pillow. Try putting it next to the bed on a flat surface.

bkhoste

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Check when you set the alarm that the "Use increasing volume" is not checked, mine was low until I noticed that and unchecked it.

frozndevl

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with my alarm volume. I transferred "light" from my Evo and have my MoPho sitting on my bedside table with the escalating volume.

rbeavers

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anybody knew the solution to this? This kinda sucks because I like to put my phone by my pillow and use it as an alarm. I have all my sounds turned up, but the sounds is pretty pathetic.

Years ago, with my 1st phone. I took my ring tones, allarms and notifications
and ran them though Audition.
Boosted them 10db added some compression,
my Dr Who ring tone scares the heck out of people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol