laptop dock 100 vs Xoom Family edition

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Lookng for a lightweight travel tool to check email and do some surfing on a larger screen than the Photon.

I tried the bionic dock and it is cheap in cost at $199 but the keyboard is lacking
The laptop dock 100 is nice and it gives you the ability to use the 3G or 4G radio of the Photon

The Xoom Family edition
Is light and will run for a couple of days
It is lighter than the laptop dock 100
The only issue is that it will have to be tethered to the Photon in order to use the internet

Is there another option I am over looking ?
Does anyone have experience using either the Xoom Family Edition or the Laptop dock 100?

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the Xoom Family Edition, but I have an Asus Transformer, so I guess that would be a similar analogy being it's also a tablet. I also recently purchased the Laptop Dock 100.

I got the Transformer over the summer before the Photon even came out. I love the tablet form factor. I also love the keyboard dock. The biggest thing would be the lack of 3G connectivity and the need to be around WiFi all the time.

If I were you and was trying to decide between the two, I would get the lapdock because it's cheaper and you would get the 3G connectivity. I actually like the keyboard. And the thing is powerful enough where you can do most tasks and stuff. I've even done some work with the lapdock.

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the lapdock 100 but I do not have a tablet. I would say that the lapdock 100 is great as long as you understand it cannot be compared to a netbook experience. It is a really good addition to the photon 4g. It will allow you to use the phone with a larger screen and a real keyboard. I would recommend getting a bluetooth mouse. In my opinion, the track pad on the lapdock 100 could be better with the option to turn off the tap to select.

As long as you are with Sprint you can use your photon 4g data without tethering should you need to do so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam