Avoid Pogoplug app on Photon

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been struggling with phone instability since I bought the Photon. Took it back in my first 30 days because the phone would occasionally become unstable and apps wouldn't load, and you couldn't type on the keyboard. I suspected it must be some app, but didn't know which.

Bought a new Photon, and experienced the problem again on the new phone. Finally got frustrated, and wiped the phone and decided to gradually add back my apps. I experienced nearly a month of no issues until about a week ago when I remembered the Pogoplug app that would allow me to connect with my "home cloud."

After installing the app, I immediately experienced the issues that caused me to take back my first Photon. Amazing. Finally I've found the culprit. I uninstalled the app and all was just as before. A week of no problems. I installed again to test my suspicion, and the problem returned. Uninstalled and all was perfect again.

Anybody who is experiencing these instability issues, try uninstalling Pogoplug. Can't tell you what a relief that I've found the app that keeps this wonderful phone from being perfect for me. Earlier I suspected Go Launcher and Google+ as the root cause, because I often experienced the problem after installing or launching each. Both were false alarms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463