Has anyone tested the Photon for Carrier IQ?

I remember seeing it running on my EVO, but I don't see the same tasks on the Photon.
    12-01-2011 11:46 PM
    I've run the various tools to check for it and nothing was found on my Photon.
    12-02-2011 03:46 AM
    I've run the various tools to check for it and nothing was found on my Photon.
    Can you please let us-for those that don't know how to-run the various tools to check for Carrier IQ? Thanks
    12-02-2011 06:50 AM
    Check out Voodoo Carrier IQ detector https://market.android.com/details?i...rieriqdetector
    12-02-2011 08:57 AM
    The Voodoo Carrier IQ app says it's not finished and not reliable. Honestly, I'd be shocked if this phone didn't have carrier IQ, since Sprint seems to think very highly of it.
    12-02-2011 09:57 AM
    Please consider updating this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...-status-2.html with whatever information is found.

Multiple reports seem to show that this phone is NOT infested with Carrier IQ - possibly since it is a world phone and speculation was that when it was outside the US it might be considered wrong to be spying on other networks or even in violation of the laws.

In any case, member reports of successful validation of this information would be helpful to have.
    12-02-2011 12:03 PM
    Multiple reports seem to show that this phone is NOT infested with Carrier IQ - possibly since it is a world phone and speculation was that when it was outside the US it might be considered wrong to be spying on other networks or even in violation of the laws.
    I have not been able to find Carrier IQ on my Photon and reports seems to indicate that it does not have it.

I think it more likely that the Photon does not have such spyware is that Motorola worked hard to impress system administrators that this phone was secure. An application like Carrier IQ, which seems to be able to log communications over secure connections, would render security measures useless.

The Photon should be attractive to IT departments running exchange server, etc.
    12-02-2011 07:39 PM
    I've run TrevE's Logging Checker App (the guy from the Youtube Vid's that found it...) and its not showing Carrier IQ on it.

I'm no expert...but I think we're clear of Carrier IQ. I did read somewhere that MotoBlur reports back some metrics itself...so maybe it was overkill to have both running on it?
    12-02-2011 11:05 PM
    Please consider updating this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...-status-2.html with whatever information is found.

In any case, member reports of successful validation of this information would be helpful to have.
    Cool!
    12-03-2011 06:40 AM
    The folks who make "lookout security" have created a new app to detect if your phone has Carrier IQ.
    12-03-2011 07:07 AM
    The folks who make "lookout security" have created a new app to detect if your phone has Carrier IQ.
    Have you used "Lookout Security" yet to see if Carrier IQ is installed on your Photon? I'm getting ready to buy this phone from Best Buy.
    12-03-2011 12:43 PM
    Have you used "Lookout Security" yet to see if Carrier IQ is installed on your Photon? I'm getting ready to buy this phone from Best Buy.
    Yes, I tried and the Motorola Photon 4G doesn't have Carrier IQ...
    Hawaiian_Geek likes this.
    12-03-2011 12:59 PM
    Yes, I tried and the Motorola Photon 4G doesn't have Carrier IQ...
    Thanks!
    12-03-2011 07:16 PM
    My Photon tested clean of Carrier IQ
    12-12-2011 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD