About a month or so ago, I started sending texts to people and not geting responses or people would tell me that they were sending me texts and I wasn't getting them. Then a few days later (or whenever I rebooted my phone), it would virtually explode with the incoming text notification noise going off like 80 times in a row and a slew of texts from the past 3-4 days would all get uploaded to my phone at once.

It doesn't happen all the time, and when it does happen it doesn't happen to every text or to any specific people on my contacts list. I thought it might be a one time thing, but it's getting annoying now.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    12-11-2011 06:40 PM
    i had the same problem with my mopho. at the time, i was rebooting every 3-5 days.

now, i shut down every 1-2 days instead (leaving it off for at least a minute before turning back on). i also shut down and remove the battery for a minute or two, every 1-2 weeks.

since i changed up my habits, i haven't had that issue arise. it's an annoyance but these new smartphones are essentially computers so i've learned to treat them that way
    12-11-2011 07:43 PM
    This issue is more of a sprint issue than a photon issue. I had this happen with my evo shift before. Question is do you have your sprint number integrated with google voice? If you go to the official sprint forums you will see that this is happening with a lot of sprint phones.
    12-11-2011 08:24 PM
    When it happened for me I just needed to update my PRL and rebooted my phone. Hasn't happened since. That was the advice from Tech support at Sprint at the time...
    12-11-2011 09:49 PM
    This also happens to me from time to time. I'm not sure what since all the texts to me in 1 lump sum, but it does happen. However, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with updating my prl.
    12-12-2011 12:21 AM
    Well, for me it was non-Sprint text messages that were severely delayed. I could reboot the phone and they'd all come in, or if I didn't, I'd get them 12-24 hours later. Weird thing was text's from my family (on Sprint) all arrived instantly.

I checked my PRL, there was an update ready, loaded it, rebooted the phone, and haven't seen a delay since. Could be coincidence, but it fixed my text delay issue.
    12-12-2011 10:42 AM
    I am experiencing the same issue with the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon.... incoming text messages are sometimes delayed, by as much as a few hours.... then I'll make a call, or send a text and BA BAM... BA BAM.... BA BAM.... several text messages from various people will all arrive at once.... super annoying, especially if the message is time sensitive... Verizon suggests I pull out the battery and turn the phone off once a day... just to be sure it wasn't my particular device, I returned it for an entirely new one... same issue...
    02-03-2012 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD