Calls stop ringing through

andoman

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Every now and again my photon will stop receiving calls or text messages. I've called it myself and it rings normally on the other end but the photon just sit there as if it's to happening and everything else works the phone doesn't actually freeze up or anything. The only way to get it to start working again is to pull the battery. Has anyone else had this problem? Would a factory reset help? The only programs I have installed are angry birds, Facebook, battery circle, google music, solitaire, and weatherbug. I'm not rooted.

andoman

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Every now and again my photon will stop receiving calls or text messages. I've called it myself and it rings normally on the other end but the photon just sit there as if it's to happening and everything else works the phone doesn't actually freeze up or anything. The only way to get it to start working again is to pull the battery. Has anyone else had this problem? Would a factory reset help? The only programs I have installed are angry birds, Facebook, battery circle, google music, solitaire, and weatherbug. I'm not rooted.

Anyone?

teejmac

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
If i remember correctly, do you notice when you have an incoming call if the little green light starts blinking on the left side of your earpiece? If you are recieving a call, that green light should blink when the call is coming through and it will stop when the call is finished.

I think I have seen this before with the photon, I think all I did was update profile, prl, and firmware and it seemed to work.

Whenever this happens again, try the update and see what happens. If it doesnt help, just do a hard reset to your phone.

andoman

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but the LED doesn't even light up. I've done the prl and firmware updates when available but it still just does it every once and a while. It acts as if there is no calls coming in whatsoever, yet I can call out. I love the phone, and really this is the only issue I've had with it so I'm not complaining too much I would just like to fix it if possible (although I'd love to have a razor maxx, the battery life is insane [do you hear me sprint!])

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
back it up

do a fdr with wipe/delete it (that is what sprint will do)

battery pull after that

don't add any apps and test it for a few days

if still an issue do another fdr with wipe (keep track of times/dates in case phone issue)

try again with no apps for a few days, if ok add one app a day and test, keep track of each app

hope that helps cuz its a great phone :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma