1. redtooth's Avatar
    Im going to China at the end of Feb. for work. I was wondering if anyone here can give me some tips on how to get my photon working over there? Do I wait till I'm there and buy a sim card? Only going to be there for 7 to 10 days but it would be nice to have my phone working. Thanks for any advice. This will be the first time I have been out of the country with my photon and I would love to take advantage of my first "world phone".
    01-16-2012 06:31 PM
  2. ronald600's Avatar
    The sim card is already in the phone. All you have to do is try and use it and you will automatically connect to the Sprint international network. I would call Sprint before I left the lower 48 to make sure the sim card is activated.
    01-16-2012 07:35 PM
  3. Kbrn's Avatar
    buy a sim card in China, I bet it is cheaper.. cause Sprint is gonna want to charge you an eye and a leg for the international service.. A lot of people know that buying a sim card from the local carriers is cheaper.
    01-16-2012 08:06 PM
  4. coolqf's Avatar
    I was in China for 3 months. Just get a Sim there, they will ask you for your passport. If you want data you have to tell them other wise it will only be minutes and text

    Sent from my Photon
    01-16-2012 09:18 PM
  5. redtooth's Avatar
    Thanks! Now is there anything I need to do once I get the sim card? Or is it just plug and play? Also how much should I expect to pay for a text and talk card?

    Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    01-17-2012 06:49 PM