So my Photon isn't as peppy as it used to be. I've been thinkin of doing a factory reset but I'm afraid of losing my contacts. Also I would like to somehow avoid going through the process of reconfiguring my phone's settings. Is there any way to accomplish this? I'm mainly concerned with the contact info. Thanks.
    02-05-2012 03:54 PM
    As soon as you sign back into your Gmail account all of your contacts will sync back to your phone.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    02-05-2012 04:00 PM
    Are your contacts on your phone, sim card, or in the Google cloud? If on your sim, you shouldn't have any worries. Same with the cloud. If they are locally on the phone, you need to export them to your sim card or send them to the cloud.
    02-05-2012 04:45 PM
    I'm pretty sure some are saved to gmail contacts while some are saved to phone. Is there a way to ensure ALL are saved to gmail?
    02-06-2012 03:35 AM
    Since there is no sim card that's out. And contacts shouldn't save to your phone at all, but if your real worried then go to contacts, push menu button, then touch import/export. Save them all to your sd card, when factory reset is done do the same thing and import them from the sd card back.

02-06-2012 11:42 PM
    Actually there is a sim card. And the option to save contacts to your phone rather than your google account is available too.
    02-07-2012 08:09 AM
    Didn't know that about saving contacts to phone, but is the photon not a sprint only phone? If it is then there isn't a sim card.

02-08-2012 12:11 AM
    Its a world-phone, so it has a sim card. Although, I'm pretty sure it won't work on GSM networks in North America.
    02-08-2012 01:22 AM
    Didn't know that about saving contacts to phone, but is the photon not a sprint only phone? If it is then there isn't a sim card.

As dmglouis said, it's a world phone, and there is a sim card. Also as he stated it doesn't work on NA GSM networks, however you can export your contacts to it. There is even a manage sim card application included on the Photon.
    02-08-2012 08:47 AM
    best way to check out what contacys you have saved in your google account is to log into gmail and on the left had side where inbox is, there will be a tab for contacts..i'd also make sure to sync your google account before you do a reset to ensure theyre all there
    02-08-2012 09:16 AM
    Its a world-phone, so it has a sim card. Although, I'm pretty sure it won't work on GSM networks in North America.
    Gotcha. I didn't know that.

02-08-2012 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD