In-Pocket Detection?

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey All, just got the MoPho from BB for nothing for my son as a gift. I'm familiar with Android as a current owner of the Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G. I see though there are quite a few features on the MoPho that I've not seen.

One of them is the In-Pocket Detection. I enabled it then slips it in my front pocket. Peeking in, I still see the screen on and when pulling out I noticed that the WiFi icon disappeared and is coming back.

So, anyone making use of this feature and what should I expect from it. I thought it would auto-lock and turns the screen off immediately as opposed to timing out.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah lots of settings & its a great phone, lots of settings to try out.

I would disable the in-pocket-detection

I know most peops have it disabled cuz it does not work right

the forums have plenty of info on different settings as you know, so good to get input

It will take some time & trials to get your phone settings to your personal style

I am sure there will be more replies here, so keep checking back

Hope that helps & enjoy your new Photon! ;)

Reactions: werkx

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It'll be my son's first Android and smartphone. I know he'll enjoy it. I will too, playing with it...I mean helping him with it.

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
phone is amazing. in pocket detection...biggest disappointment for me. when I first bought the phone, this was the first option i toyed with. for 2 hours i messed with it, when it worked, it was definitely the best option on the phone.

But after 30 seconds of forum searching, discovered it was broken, and they were right.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Too bad. Still, i wasn't going to get him a fruit phone so this one has a bonus built in synch to his iTunes so he'll be thrilled.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Don't use in-pocket detection. It also messes up the face sensor during your calls and leaves the screen on making it so you press buttons with your face.