I came from BB and was rather used to their sounds. So, I have DL'ed all of the old sounds to my SD card and have used them where desired. However, my music player like to find them (shuffle all) and play them. Is there anyway I can hide these audio files from my music player?
    03-13-2012 12:51 AM
    Try using a file manager (you may need to download a 3rd party manager such as Astro or ES File Explorer) and go to /system/media/audio. In there you should find a handful of folders but the 2 you should be interested in would be /notifications and /ringtones. Drop your BB files in them and your media player should ignore them.

I'll also note (while we are in those folders) that you can delete or rename the camera click sound here too. In the /ui folder simply rename camera_click.ogg to camera_click.ogg.bak or something similiar.

Hopefully I didn't steer you to far off course, I'm using a Moto Admiral on Sprint so I'm just guessing that the file structure is similiar.
    03-13-2012 01:08 AM
    Try using a file manager (you may need to download a 3rd party manager such as Astro or ES File Explorer) and go to /system/media/audio. In there you should find a handful of folders but the 2 you should be interested in would be /notifications and /ringtones. Drop your BB files in them and your media player should ignore them.

I'll also note (while we are in those folders) that you can delete or rename the camera click sound here too. In the /ui folder simply rename camera_click.ogg to camera_click.ogg.bak or something similiar.

Hopefully I didn't steer you to far off course, I'm using a Moto Admiral on Sprint so I'm just guessing that the file structure is similiar.
    Thanks, I will check that out. As for the camera, I used THIS METHOD and it worked like a charm. I haven't had that awful camera sound for 5 months.
    03-13-2012 10:51 AM
    Just add fullstop before the file name for instance if you named your audio files folder as "My music" to remove them form your media player just add ".My Music". Or you can use files and folders hiding free app on the market.
    03-13-2012 10:43 PM
    Just add fullstop before the file name for instance if you named your audio files folder as "My music" to remove them form your media player just add ".My Music". Or you can use files and folders hiding free app on the market.
    Won't that also hide the folder from the system and therefore prevent you from selecting those ringtones in the settings menus?
    03-14-2012 01:09 AM

I don't seem to have access to that as far as I can tell. It looks like a great way to do it, if I could figure it out though.

I tried ESFE first, but I couldn't seem to get where I wanted to go. Astro gets me where you suggested. Now I need to figure out how to get the files in there. Thanks!

How do I change permissions? Do I need to be rooted?
    03-26-2012 10:39 AM
    Hmmm, not sure but I would say probably yes. Seems that would be something they would like to block the average user from doing. Mine is rooted so I can't really say for sure if it is required or not.

If you are interested in rooting I posted a method that works after the recent Moto update here
    03-27-2012 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD