"Gmail Application" keeps trying to reload/screen flickering

Jessrond

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I go on to my gmail app (starting this afternoon) it will load and then the screen keeps refreshing/flickering, making it impossible to scroll through my emails. This only happens on one of my two gmail accounts I have synced.

I'd rather not deal with Sprint's customer "service" over a minor issue so I'm posting here instead. I've already tried clearing the data on the app and restoring the Gmail app to factory settings but it keeps doing this.

Reactions: glenviewjeff

Ryououki

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
A few people have posted up with same issue. I as well. It appears to have started happening a few hours ago. Weird thing is, I have 2 gmail accounts on my phone. The secondary account has no issues in the gmail app, but the moment I open the inbox of the primary account it starts freaking out. Already performed clear data, clear cache, and reboot. This is on a rooted Sprint GSII running Calkulin E4GT ROM. So it looks like Google messed something up.

On my Motorola Xoom, I am having no issues. My wife also is having no issues on her stock non-rooted Sprint GSII.

Last edited:

modulusprime

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here, and it started at the same time. Sprint Optimus S, rooted stock 2.3.3. Removed & reinstalled Gmail in a variety of ways but none of them helped.

babybear293

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
mine started at 7pm
but the HTC email app also isnt working me. it FCs when ever i click on gmail[and the others also dont work{yahoo, hotmail & etc}]
anyone else getting this problem?

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have not experienced this problem (Motorola Photon/Sprint) with GMail, but I don't use the GMail app, preferring instead to use the stock email app.

If the problem persists, using the stock email app may be a useful work around.

ftarara

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Motorola ATRIX on ATT...just started when I woke up this morning. If I can get to the account screen, where I have 3 email accounts setup I don't see the primary where the refresh issue happens. I have had no updates from what I recall, so not sure how this just started to happen.

Fabrizio

kamikaji

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I created an account literally a few minutes ago just to post in here. I have the exact same issue. I'm running an unlocked AT&T Atrix 4G with Neutrino Rom ver. 2.6 (which is based on the final build of CyanogenMod 7). Gmail just started flickering for me this morning on my main account.

I am in the same situation where if I go to my secondary account, it stops flickering, but the main account flickers no matter what.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......this issue is quite the head scratcher.......

Does anyone think they know what could be going on here?

Ryououki

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Those of us having issues with the account that is flickering, is this account set for 2 step authentication?

That's the only difference between my primary and secondary account. My primary gmail account is setup with the 2 step authentication, and my second account does not use that. And my wife doesn't use the 2 step either and she not having issues.

securifirm

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just started happening this morning on EVO 4G running cyanogenmod. Tried to uninstall/reinstall and same issue. Even tried to temp unroot the phone and still the same issue. Pretty annoying...:mad:

glenviewjeff

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here on stock Acer A500 tablet. Just started happening today. As far as I know, the gmail app didn't update in the last few days, which is strange that it started happening all of a sudden. A power down and reboot did not fix the problem.

Last edited:

november.charlie

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Like kamikaji, I also created an account a few minutes ago just to post in here.

I'm running into the same flickering issues in my Gmail app - I have a stock Samsung Galaxy S2 and the problems started late yesterday afternoon. I have one primary account, no secondary accounts.

Hoping there's a fix for this soon...

november.charlie

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
There's a lot of feedback/comments on the Gmail app page in Google Play (Android Market) about this issue - that's the closest thing to an official channel I've found thus far. Not sure if the comments there are being read/monitored by Google though.

jp555soul

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Those of us having issues with the account that is flickering, is this account set for 2 step authentication?

That's the only difference between my primary and secondary account. My primary gmail account is setup with the 2 step authentication, and my second account does not use that. And my wife doesn't use the 2 step either and she not having issues.

I setup 2 step a few days for Chrome sync but ended up shutting it off. I guess it could be with this but thats unconfirmed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc