Need extra battery and holder/charger...

Walter E Kurtz

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So I'm thinking about getting an extra battery considering the stupid electrical socket on my stupid car doesn't work, preventing me from charging while in the car anymore...

So what're some of my options? Also, obviously the battery needs to be ready to go when I am, so I need a way to charge both batteries overnight. Is there a way to do that? Some stand/holder?

Thanks!

(I was going to ask another question about this wired headset that I've had for a while now, but just figured it out. It has a single button on it, when the Photon is on, hold the button to auto dial the last number dialed. When in a call, press once to mute [which I knew] but then HOLD to end the call! I just figured both the holding ideas at the same time.) So I was going to ask if there is a way to change what the button does, but I really don't need that anymore as it does what I want!

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
...the stupid electrical socket on my stupid car doesn't work...

I will be curious to see the responses to your question. In the meantime though, have you considered a DC SOCKET? <--that one is just a sample of one, but you can find different version at different stores. They are pretty easy to install, especially if you have an older car with a good size fuze panel inside the cabin you can easily tap in to. Or, another option, for the price of duel batteries and dual chargers, you might want to look at a JUMP BOX with a DC outlet on it. That would allow you to power more than your phone. You would need to charge it now and then, but that's not that big of a deal. And heck, you would have a jump box if your battery every dies :)

Walter E Kurtz

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hm, thanks for the response but honestly not really what I'm looking for... I honestly can take the car in when I get my oil changed and see if they can fix that. But I still do want another battery, and a way to charge both the extra battery and the phone battery on a single device.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Check out Amazon.com, they have spare batteries and chargers, +other accessories that are better priced than a carrier store. Waaaay better than Radio Shack or Best Buy, too. eBay works for some.

Walter E Kurtz

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

seanoj

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I use the battery from my earlier post (battery| Meritline.com) and this charging base: Newegg.com - base

The extended battery makes the phone pretty fat, and I only use it on occasion. The fatter battery does fit on the above charging base, but barely. You can put the phone and spare on the base and charge both at the same time.

The dock has two super annoying LED lights that are powerful enough to be seen from space. I put a piece of black electrical tape on them to save my retnas.

I also got one of these nifty chargers for when I travel. External Battery Pack It will charge my phone and my kindle at the same time. It will work for several charges before it needs to be recharged.

srkelley

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've used an extended battery from Hyperion. 3500 MaH, it did pretty much double my battery life. I couldn't get the battery meter built-into the phone or from the market to correctly read it. My phone would sit at 5% for about 4-5 hours (I'm constantly on the phone reading rss and texts, I get only 4.5 hours with the stock battery).

I stopped using it when I received my lapdock. Even with the modification and the removal of the small vanity plate my phone wouldn't fit in it. Since I use my lapdock a lot and it actually charges my phone I can make it without the extended battery most of the time. It does come with a new cover that connects perfectly. It's smooth and does add a noticeable amount of heft to the phone. It didn't bother me in daily usage, I would recommend this battery.