Not Receiving Updates for Lack of Storage Space

cyclone3211

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Have not been receiving updates because of this message. Yet I have 13GB available on my SD card and 7GB available internally

Today, I received from the Goggle Play, (Market Place), for 10 program updates. None loaded. Message was that there was no space. "Error downloading"name of program". There is insufficient space on the device."
Today received the same message for all 10 updates.
I do not allow automatic updates.
This just started to happen last week. Until then, all updates were received without issue

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Have not been receiving updates because of this message. Yet I have 13GB available on my SD card and 7GB available internally

Today, I received from the Goggle Play, (Market Place), for 10 program updates. None loaded. Message was that there was no space. "Error downloading"name of program". There is insufficient space on the device."
Today received the same message for all 10 updates.
I do not allow automatic updates.
This just started to happen last week. Until then, all updates were received without issue

Try going into Settings/Applications/Manage applications/All, then go to Google Play Store, clear Data and Cache.

Then reboot your phone, after full boot up, try getting your apps again.....

Edit...

Another thing to check is the amount of space you have for application storage. This is different from internal storage. Go to Settings/Storage and check the remaining, available space for apps....

Last edited:

cyclone3211

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and I did as you suggested. Application storage is at 2.36GB.

Unfortunately, tried to update the first app and still get the same message.

Any other thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2