Photon losing 4G

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. This is my first post here so first I would like to say thanks in advance for the future support!! I have a Sprint Photon 4G and when the 4G is tirned on, it works for the first web page and while reading the page it looks to "Go to sleep". It has all the zzz's and has no connectivity. It seems to me like if I lost 4G service, it would usually revert back to 3G but it does not. I have to turn 4G off and back on and it does it again. I have updated the PRL and the Profile and still no fix. I googled it but didnt see any fix but looks to be a common problem. PLEASE HELP ME!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Try removing the battery and holding down the power button for ~10 seconds. Reboot and advise.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Hvacmanjc

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Is this a known issue of these phones and sorry, hold down the power button for 10 seconds? Is this while rebooting?

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
With battery out. You can also go into recovery mode (hold vol down on boot and when you see "fastboot" hit vol down until recovery mode displays, hit vol up, when android comes on screen, hit both vol buttons at the same time.)

Clear cache. These are the steps motorola had me take when mine had this issue.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Will recovery mode wipe my phone? I have already done a factory reset and that did nothing. Is recovery mode different? Thanks for your help on this. Its really annoying and frustrating!! LOL

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Basically, clearing the cache just clears the stuff that doesn't need to be there. Go ahead with both those steps and let me know if its better...

Battery pull - to be clear - power phone down. Remove battery. Hold power button for around ten seconds. Replace battery. Power phone up.

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried both and we will see. I am not in a 4G market at the moment, possibly tomorrow. I will let you know something over the weekend. I really appreciate your support with this P-I-T-A issue..LOL : )

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently 2.2 miles outside of dc and don't have 4g... Which is pathetic because if I go .4 miles down the road I do. This 4g is kind of a joke but when it works its nice. At my house I get full 4g signal, so...

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I am roughly 25 miles outside of D.C. and do not get 4G until Germantown on 270. I tried it today and it is doing the same thing. Motorola emailed me back and said they know nothing about this issue but it is on the Motorola Forum?? :eek: Its just getting very Frustrating. Thanks for the continued support.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Haha... I'll be going through germantown later. I live in glen burnie, and yea, its kinda a known issue...

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. It is still doing it. I think I am going to slip in to Sprint and get a new one. Motorola sent me a response saying they have never seen this but funny enough, its all over the forums. Still can't figure it out.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you near another 4G area? I've seen my phone do this when connected to 4G in certain parts of town. However, it doesn't do it all the time in that part of town.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
In this general area, there are a ton of 4g areas, however, mine works fine, probably around the same areas, I'm all around md, dc, and no va...

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, me too. I think it is definitely the phones radio. I couldn't get there tonight so I will be going by there tomorrow.