Visit site
Version
4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_13
Release date
7/11/12
Description of Enhancement/Fix
via
Sprint Community: Motorola Photon 4G: Motorola Photon 4G Software Updates

More easily import contacts from SD card.
- Improved music playback, both streaming from Amazon Cloud or Internet Radio services and music saved to the

phone - minimizes occasional skips or -repeats

- Enhancements for WiFi hotspot in GSM/UMTS mode and adding new WiFi connections.

- Now supports 1080p HD video capture, and enhanced video settings for more responsive playback.

- Easier creating and accepting calendar meeting notices on the phone.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I'm not sure if this was part of this update, or it happened before:

I was part of this soak test. During which I went from using GoLauncher back to the default. When I started using default I created groups in the apps area. For some reason I groups would slowly lose apps until they were all out of said group. For example, I would make a "Games" group with 10 apps (or so) then, after several hours, the folder had 8 apps, then 4 apps, then no apps (doing so over several hours).

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
There is a significant difference with the new 1080P video recording vs the old limit. I took back to back videos on the Photon, and the play back video via the HDMI out to a 1080P capable TV looked much better.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I Am a noob when it comes to rooting, but since I used the One Click for the Photon it worked fine. I downloaded and installed this update just to see if there were noticeable improvements but there were none. One annoyance is the "scan 4G signals" thing is on the notifications non stop and it doesnt seem to come off.

I tried to use the same One Click root I used in order to re-root it and it just said "do not have permission" blah blah....

Any ideas on how to downgrade or to re-root?

:-[

christianttt

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So I Am a noob when it comes to rooting, but since I used the One Click for the Photon it worked fine. I downloaded and installed this update just to see if there were noticeable improvements but there were none. One annoyance is the "scan 4G signals" thing is on the notifications non stop and it doesnt seem to come off.

I tried to use the same One Click root I used in order to re-root it and it just said "do not have permission" blah blah....

Any ideas on how to downgrade or to re-root?

:-[

Try the photon-torpedo method, I've read that method is still working.

beantown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the time has finally come to root my Photon and get rid of the extra bloatware added after the update: Google Plus, Google Plus Messenger, Google Music, and a new Video player. I get it, some may like the new added items, some will not. What gets me is, all of these features are in the google play store, if the end user wants it on his/her phone, they can just download it from there, rather than having Google shove these features to those - like myself - who doesn't want it.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The Torpedo-Method did not work for me when I tried to re-root my photon. It said access was denied. What now?

How to ROOT your Photon 4G - Photon Torpedo Method - YouTube

I used the method above and it worked. I did a factory reset without knowing that it was still going to leave the most recent update on there. For some odd reason I still had super user installed but I was not rooted. So I followed the method above, and when I was done when I tried to use Screenshot It to take a screen the super user Window came up and I hit allow. Prior to the root above, I got "your phone is not rooted"

....so all is well again :cool:

I dont know much about it, and it was kind of difficult since I am not very good with Command Prompt or Terminal, but if you guys have any questions I can try and answer them since I already Factory Reset my phone and experimented with all kinda root methods.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
What update in May? Are you talking about the SOAK test?

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

That would have been from the soak...

hd+ recording looks amazing via hdmi... On the screen of the phone you can't tell because it doesn't display 1080p.

Photon torpedo worked after both soaks for me...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I think the time has finally come to root my Photon and get rid of the extra bloatware added after the update: Google Plus, Google Plus Messenger, Google Music, and a new Video player. I get it, some may like the new added items, some will not. What gets me is, all of these features are in the google play store, if the end user wants it on his/her phone, they can just download it from there, rather than having Google shove these features to those - like myself - who doesn't want it.
Yes, all the Google bloatware with this update seriously blows!

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am absolutely not updating to this 4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_13 update.

I have research it and there appears to be a "Flawed Update" with to many issues.

But don't take my word for it, please research it yourself.

Best of luck :D

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I realize that there have been issues for a few, but, my Photon has been much improved on the _13 update.

Better WiFi connectivity, improved (slightly) performance & battery life.

I've had zero issues, its been a nice improvement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz