I rooted on 2.3.4 with OCR, no problem. I tried the one-clicks on 2.3.5, I also tried the torpedo method, I tried making a data folder in my internal storage, then a tmp, and put the winrar photon torpedo into it and tried following the steps and it didn't work. I'm on 2.3.5 too. What could I be doing wrong?
    07-12-2012 09:45 PM
    Someone posted a video in the software update thread a couple under this one for the torpedo method. Follow it.

Idr, but you might have to unzip it...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon
    07-12-2012 09:52 PM
    I rooted on 2.3.4 with OCR, no problem. I tried the one-clicks on 2.3.5, I also tried the torpedo method, I tried making a data folder in my internal storage, then a tmp, and put the winrar photon torpedo into it and tried following the steps and it didn't work. I'm on 2.3.5 too. What could I be doing wrong?

Try this method. I found being able to copy the commands to command prompt made it much easier. I am horrible with command prompt and after trying a couple times this method was the best and it worked.
    tierreb likes this.
    07-12-2012 09:57 PM
    If that doesn't work for you here is a link that has worked twice for me after the most current updates:

Root access without dock or computer - xda-developers
    07-16-2012 08:50 PM
    you are a genius worked flawlessly .... only problem im having now is super user wont update through the app , I wonder if I re d/l
    07-23-2012 09:51 PM
    Hi all,

I have an old photon that I want to try rooting. I have never done rooting before, so seems like a good way to learn. The problem is all the download links in any procedure I have found through google (with and without torpedo) are broken. Am I to assume everything has been removed? Any alternates sites anyone knows of?

Thanks
    02-17-2014 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD