Insurance Question

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
With the Photon discontinued and no longer offered from Sprint, what phone do they offer as a replacement if you have to file an insurance claim?

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
With the Photon discontinued and no longer offered from Sprint, what phone do they offer as a replacement if you have to file an insurance claim?

They still have them. Just swapped mine out two weeks ago.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: tirith

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually waiting for mine from asurion due to cracking my screen (I'm still using it) and they claim it'll be a photon

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site

They also asked me if I wanted to switch to the Samsung Conquer since this was my 3rd Photon. The Conquer is Horrible!! It heats up and shuts off.:eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Good choice then...

I remember you having 4g issues.... What else was going on?

And the conquer isn't even comparable... Give me a s2 at least (even if I hate samsung)

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

MRLARGE863

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My friend returned his MoPho and the gave him a Samsung Nexus 4G running ICS as a replacement. He just walked in waited 15 minuyes . Pasadena CA.

Sent from my Rooted Motorola Photon running stock 2.3.5 locked bootloader. using Android Central Forums
http://mrlarge.wordpress.com/

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar experience as Hvacmanjc very recently, had to have mine looked at due to ALL radios going belly up. They happened to have one in stock, I walked out with it. Fortunately, it had been in its box for a bit, so i am still on 2.3.4, and have yet to be nagged to downgrade to 2.3.5. I was told, however, that I was fortunate in the fact that one was in stock, or i would be in the same spot as tirith, minus a working phone!

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Squaretrade warranty for my phone after I received it.

Has anyone had a claim with them before?

How are they different from Sprint's insurance (which I had on my previous phone)?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar experience as Hvacmanjc very recently, had to have mine looked at due to ALL radios going belly up. They happened to have one in stock, I walked out with it. Fortunately, it had been in its box for a bit, so i am still on 2.3.4, and have yet to be nagged to downgrade to 2.3.5. I was told, however, that I was fortunate in the fact that one was in stock, or i would be in the same spot as tirith, minus a working phone!

I've got a brand new one - it never not worked but the refurb they sent was messed up... I'm on 2.3.4 and haven't been asked about an ota at all... 9 days

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes