hello everyone i have a sprint photon 4g and ive done alot of looking around and i was wondering if i could ROOT or UNLOCK my phone to work with tmobile i have no use for data there is not good signal in my area! i have the ics update installed already i wouldnt have done it but i bought the phone like that ive bought an unlock code but the phone never prompts me for a code ive waited all day. could anyone help me out as to what website to check.
    07-19-2012 04:39 PM
    Xda actually has a tutorial on it... I'll grab a link if I can find it. Its in the photon dev section.

Sent using my MoPho-King photon
    07-19-2012 06:54 PM
    hello everyone i have a sprint photon 4g and ive done alot of looking around and i was wondering if i could ROOT or UNLOCK my phone to work with tmobile i have no use for data there is not good signal in my area! i have the ics update installed already i wouldnt have done it but i bought the phone like that ive bought an unlock code but the phone never prompts me for a code ive waited all day. could anyone help me out as to what website to check.
    I don't think you can run a cdma phone on gsm network...

Sent from EVO 4G LTE
    07-19-2012 06:55 PM
    I don't think you can run a cdma phone on gsm network...

Sent from EVO 4G LTE
    The photon is an international phone. Someone created a hack using motorola japan radios to be able to use the sim instead of cdma...

The photon has gsm and cdma radios

07-19-2012 08:18 PM
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26338444

Theres the link you were looking for

thejesusegg likes this.
    07-19-2012 08:22 PM
    thank you!!!
    07-20-2012 11:51 AM
    So, how about asking Sprint to give me the code, would they do it if I cancel and pay the ETF? Or if I wait until the contract is over (Sep 2013) and ask them for the unlock code?

Sent from my Photon 4G that Stupid Motorola will not upgrade to ICS or any other newer form of Android because they're a bunch of lying bastards (and deserve to go to h e ll!) using Android Central Forums
    04-08-2013 07:58 AM
    Stock, the SIM card doesn't have the ability to use us gsm radio.

You have to flash the Japanese radio in my last post.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    STARGATE likes this.
    04-08-2013 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD