Sim question

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Is the sim used for their wimax network? If yes, then it probably needs to stay in to utilize that network. Sims used to only be used for roaming on gsm networks outside of the US, but that is not so anymore. Sprint uses their CDMA network still, as well as wimax and ther LTE network also. Some of their newer phones may utilize two networks for handoffs when one or the other does not have a strong signal.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

GPhoenix

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Is the sim used for their wimax network? If yes, then it probably needs to stay in to utilize that network. Sims used to only be used for roaming on gsm networks outside of the US, but that is not so anymore. Sprint uses their CDMA network still, as well as wimax and ther LTE network also. Some of their newer phones may utilize two networks for handoffs when one or the other does not have a strong signal.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Oh that is interesting Jevangil, could you elaborate on what you meant by " Sims used to only be used for roaming on gsm networks outside of the US, but that is not so anymore." I am currently outside of the US for about 6 months now so things over State side may have changed. So AT&T and T-Mobile or other GSM networks in the States have lifted their restriction to allow CDMA phones with GSM/Worldwide capabilities get activated or use their GSM networks now? Is there any special configuration or settings that needs to be set outside of picking up a US-based SIM card and popping it in for the Photon to work on the US-based GSM network?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12