Was thinking about the promises Motorola broke when I thought of something.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
What if there was an ulterior motive for them not giving the phones the ICS update? What if they have something in store for us later on down the road? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think this is certainly a possibility. What do you think?

Motorola Photon 4G

hopfrog

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, they've got a plan for us: we can shut the f--- up and buy another Motorola phone. That's the only idea they have for everyone they tricked into buying a Photon.

SeaMonster

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
What a brilliant move. Moto's plan is to delay updates for many many months, pissing off their customers. Then announce that they are totally abandoning them which drives them to total anger. Then spit on them by offering the $100 insult. Then finally convince them that they are a dishonest company by claiming (falsely) that the hardware can't support ICS so all of this was really for the customer's benefit.

BUT, and this is the genius part, after destroying their reputation and being smeared in the media, they will then jump out from behind a curtain and yell "SURPRISE! Just kidding. We have a present for you."

Hmmmm... I don't think so. I like your optimism, but reality seem to run counter to your desire.

Maybe instead more Moto employees will leak code because they are embarrassed by their employers actions.

:-(

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so as a Photon owner myself, and one that is forever in 3G (moving forward past WiMax) I have to tell you guys, Im going to pick up a Nexus 4 and try prepaid for awhile. Has anyone else considered?

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so as a Photon owner myself, and one that is forever in 3G (moving forward past WiMax) I have to tell you guys, Im going to pick up a Nexus 4 and try prepaid for awhile. Has anyone else considered?

I've tried prepaid. I actually prefer it over Sprint. The only problem is i always seem to run out of minutes. Seeing as I wont be able to upgrade until next December, I guess I'll have to wait for the next Nexus phone that comes out, as the Nexus 4 will most likely be surpassed by then.

Motorola Photon 4G

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
1. No resources to develop and test the build. (layoffs at Motorola)
2. Sales numbers for the phone not enough to justify supporting a new version of Android.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What are you responding to? I am a bit confused...

Motorola Photon 4G

Unless you buy a new Motorola phone, there is nothing for you down the road from Motorola.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Unless you buy a new Motorola phone, there is nothing for you down the road from Motorola.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Unfortunately. I was looking at the N4 so I might just get that and not have to worry about things for a while. There are a few options in that direction. But as my upgrade date is Dec next year, i figure there will be a better phone by then.

Motorola Photon 4G

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've tried prepaid. I actually prefer it over Sprint. The only problem is i always seem to run out of minutes. Seeing as I wont be able to upgrade until next December, I guess I'll have to wait for the next Nexus phone that comes out, as the Nexus 4 will most likely be surpassed by then.

Motorola Photon 4G

I posted a link over in the Nexus 4 forums that explains prepaid in a little more detail, and some of our great community members have also added to it, so if you want to look around at some prepaid options that suit your needs better, theres a good amount of info over there.

And yes, I'm sure the N5 will be awesome! :D

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I posted a link over in the Nexus 4 forums that explains prepaid in a little more detail, and some of our great community members have also added to it, so if you want to look around at some prepaid options that suit your needs better, theres a good amount of info over there.

And yes, I'm sure the N5 will be awesome! :D

A Nexus 5 would certainly be awesome. The Photon is the biggest phone I have had, so a 5 inch screen is quite a big step to take lol

Motorola Photon 4G

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
What if there was an ulterior motive for them not giving the phones the ICS update? What if they have something in store for us later on down the road? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think this is certainly a possibility. What do you think?

Motorola Photon 4G

No. Motorola obviously planned and executed this.

Note: Not only did Motorola promise ICS -- and keep promising it beyond the date they first promised it, but just before they published that the Photon would not get ICS, they pushed an over-the-air update that locked the phone to Gingerbread.

They did not just fail to keep their promises, they actively created a situation which prevented Photon users from upgrading their own phones.

They are not following their new owners motto: Don't be evil.

jhasty

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
No. Motorola obviously planned and executed this.

Note: Not only did Motorola promise ICS -- and keep promising it beyond the date they first promised it, but just before they published that the Photon would not get ICS, they pushed an over-the-air update that locked the phone to Gingerbread.

They did not just fail to keep their promises, they actively created a situation which prevented Photon users from upgrading their own phones.

They are not following their new owners motto: Don't be evil.

You are spot on. This is deceptive and malicious activity on their part. I will NEVER buy another Motorola phone unless it is clear from the beginning that I can unlock it.

The $100 trade in is an insult. They owe me much more than that. I estimate that I should get at least $300 cash! When I have time, I may check into filing in small claims court.

If they would just provide an unlock for the bootloader I would continue to use this phone with a custom ROM. Everyone would be happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae