Do we have a release date for the Photon yet?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, we are about a week out for the EVO 3D launch and still no release date for the Photon? They better announce it before the 3D goes on sale or they are going to lose a bunch of buyers who are anxiously waiting in line for the next best handset.

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
It was just officially announced a few weeks ago.. Be patient, sprint is not going to try to take the spotlight from the evo that hasnt even been relased yet..

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
It was just officially announced a few weeks ago.. Be patient, sprint is not going to try to take the spotlight from the evo that hasnt even been relased yet..

Yea , Sprint spent too much efforts hyping the EVO 3D
Something like this will burn everything they hoped for

& Im sure HTC won't let the whole "HTC Incredible shortage issue" happens again

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
if yu are on the fense about the new evo and the photon then srpint rather get on the new evo since i renews your contract sooner and gets you to switch over sooner if you are not a sprint user yet. as for true competitors for the photon..... only four g world phones and none are coming out. so again its a smart play for the. to notify us weeks before its actual release

AudienceofOne

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So I just switched to Sprint on Monday, phones coming today via UPS, I have no problem going with the 3D, but I really like the proton, my G tab has the same cpu. I basicaly have 30 day to change my mind. Any guesses as to if the photon will come out before 7/20? Has there been any rumors on price?

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
so far nothing. Probably won't be till after the launch of the evo 3D. They don't wanna steal the spotlight away from their evo line

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Well the rumor mill says that the GSII is coming out on July 24th but we all know how those work. I would be surprised if we see it before July 24th. The Photon looks a lot like the Bionic previously shown. I am putting this on my list for a possible phone.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Phone Arena reports July 2010, but I'm leaning towards August. You have more mindshare and develop morer buzz if you spread the releases out. EVO 3D for June, Samsung Within for July and Photon for August.

rawvega

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Phone Arena reports July 2010, but I'm leaning towards August. You have more mindshare and develop morer buzz if you spread the releases out. EVO 3D for June, Samsung Within for July and Photon for August.

July 2010? Yeah I'd definitely say PhoneArena is wrong on that one.

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well the rumor mill says that the GSII is coming out on July 24th but we all know how those work. I would be surprised if we see it before July 24th. The Photon looks a lot like the Bionic previously shown. I am putting this on my list for a possible phone.

Today, the This is My Next Website reported that Sprints Q3 release sheet (Aug-Sept) has a Samsung Epic 2 and probably the GSII (aka Within). Nothing mentioned about the Photon. So I would assume that it will be announced shortly for a July release once the EVO 3D hoopla slows down.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Today, the This is My Next Website reported that Sprints Q3 release sheet (Aug-Sept) has a Samsung Epic 2 and probably the GSII (aka Within). Nothing mentioned about the Photon. So I would assume that it will be announced shortly for a July release once the EVO 3D hoopla slows down.

July 31st bro, probably an early september release for SGSII to compete with the iPhone. I would hope samsung would do a "universal" release for all the carriers roughly the same time.