Why I'm skipping on the SPRINT NOTE 3 and why you should too.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
True, but even the 5s/5c is dual band and it uses the second band that matters indoors. I would have been fine with the Note 3 on Sprint if it was dual band and had 800 Mhz LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Very true. If the note 3 was very least dual band with 800mhz. I would get this phone too.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this may be a silly question but are all of Sprint's LTE towers tri-band or is this something they are rolling out with the newer LTE towers? Also, would there be anyway of knowing what bands are covering certain areas?

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
You may come out ahead with Sprint's pricing, though I agree that the lack of LTE in more places is not good.

It sounds like your two-year cost would be:

Phone cost = $349
Monthly costs = ($80 x 24) = $1,920
Total cost = $2,269

A T-Mobile customer would pay:

Phone downpayment = $199.99
Monthly unlimited plan cost = ($70 x 24) = $1,680
Monthly device cost = ($21 x 24) = $504
Total Cost = $2,383.99

You come out slightly better over two years here. Just to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples, does your plan include unlimited minutes for all voice calls or just mobile-to-mobile calls?

older unlimited data/text and 450 minute plan. Just as TitaniumSS outlines on post #39. Thanks for doing my work for me SS. I will have a $10 AAA discount to apply when I upgrade phone. My upgrade was LAST November so I don't know if I will be allowed to continue with the old plan. I have been paying every month just as though I was still on contract. Does anyone know if Sprint makes available a discount to educators?

DalTXJim

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Gary, Yes, Sprint offers discounts to "government" employees, which includes teachers i.e. educators. It is somewhere on their site (business side of their site) and you have to send them an email from your business email account, NOT your personal email account. That validates your employer and they give you a link to the special discounted site. And it's the same for T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon. I've had service with 3 of the 4 and they all offer discounts to teachers, or other educators.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Can sprint fix this with a software update?

Posted via Android Central App

That's a negative ghost rider. As far as I know, sprints version of the note 3 will be equipped with 1900mhz lte antenna while other antenna for international travels. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's a negative ghost rider. As far as I know, sprints version of the note 3 will be equipped with 1900mhz lte antenna while other antenna for international travels. If I'm wrong please correct me.

I think you're right.

As to the software update fixing it? No. Can't add hardware with a software update.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

middlenamefrank

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
You guys think you've got it hard, try Sprint-ing in San Diego. We get to pay the 4G surcharge, and no 4G service anywhere in sight, nor any plans to install it.

AT&T, thank Sprint for the customer you're about to receive, as soon as my Note 3 ships.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I got the Note 3 yesterday and I had 4G everywhere, even upstairs in my bedroom on the wrong side of the house since the 4G tower is over hill and dale about 3 miles away toward the front of the house.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
You may come out ahead with Sprint's pricing, though I agree that the lack of LTE in more places is not good.

It sounds like your two-year cost would be:

Phone cost = $349
Monthly costs = ($80 x 24) = $1,920
Total cost = $2,269

A T-Mobile customer would pay:

Phone downpayment = $199.99
Monthly unlimited plan cost = ($70 x 24) = $1,680
Monthly device cost = ($21 x 24) = $504
Total Cost = $2,383.99

You come out slightly better over two years here. Just to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples, does your plan include unlimited minutes for all voice calls or just mobile-to-mobile calls?

Tmobile doesn't charge for HOTSPOT. With Tmobile you can add 5 devices to the free hotspot, and each one of those device have 500 mbs free. My wife wanted to activate the hotspot on Sprint, and it was $19.95, we didn't ask about the devices charge.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Tmobile doesn't charge for HOTSPOT. With Tmobile you can add 5 devices to the free hotspot, and each one of those device have 500 mbs free. My wife wanted to activate the hotspot on Sprint, and it was $19.95, we didn't ask about the devices charge.

T-Mobile is smart. They know you'll burn that 500MB in a few minutes and they can peg you on overages.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It's 2.5 GB hotspot now not 500 MB.

T-Mobile is smart. They know you'll burn that 500MB in a few minutes and they can peg you on overages.

Wrong. Once your hotspot is used up it just shuts off... Unless you purposely go buy more. So there is no auto charging ;).
Rooting is always an option for unlimited tethering.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae