Sprint One Up.

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
So lets say I plan on keeping this phone for 2 years. I can buy out right for $650 or one up for monthly installments for $700, but get $15/mo off my service for the 2 years and still keep the note 3.
I've got to be missing something here. $15/mo for 24mo=$360. monthly installments= $700 for the phone. Take the $700 -$360=$340. Thats less then the $350 of being able to upgrade with a 2yr contract.

Now if I have to turn in my old device to get started ( havent heard that one till now ) thats where the deal breaker comes in

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I was told you do have to turn your phone in. My husband has a crappy S2 wimax phone that can't even hold a 3G signal when he's out in the field, so that part I don't care about. He's getting my Note 2 which has great reception on 3G and 4G and I'm taking the Note 3 since he isn't a techie. I tried to negotiate with Sprint about his wimax phone but no deal, so this works out best for us since I just plunked down $500 for a new washer this week.

Now, I did hear somewhere (can't remember if it was on Sprint chat) that for the first time only, you can keep your original phone. I'll find out tomorrow.

Sent via Note II

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
If you are not eligible for an upgrade you'll have to turn in your device, if you are eligible for an upgrade then you won't have to turn in your device.

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Seems like a good deal, but not sure why someone is saying its $650 out right or $700 on one up, cause sprint says 0% apr so it should come out to $650 as well.
If this nexus thing dont pan out for sprint, ill be heading this direction.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are not eligible for an upgrade you'll have to turn in your device, if you are eligible for an upgrade then you won't have to turn in your device.

Correct, you nailed it. You only have to trade in your phone if you are doing a early upgrade.

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I think its a good deal for people that don't want a phone every year. Plus after two years most phone aren't worth a lot any way. This is perfect for my wife she keeps all her phones for two + years any way.

Posted via Android Central App

cib227

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was made aware by sprint that my 2 yr agreement date expires May of 2014, my upgrade for my device (htc Evo LTE) is Jan 2014.... So sprint so graciously was able to let out (for a small fee of $150) of the contract to buy the note 3 for the $349....
I believe they also mentioned I wld need to turn in my current device as well, but was thinking about switching to a back up moto admiral to turn ro them... Not surw of that wld work with them tho....

Not sure who else is in this boat....

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was made aware by sprint that my 2 yr agreement date expires May of 2014, my upgrade for my device (htc Evo LTE) is Jan 2014.... So sprint so graciously was able to let out (for a small fee of $150) of the contract to buy the note 3 for the $349....
I believe they also mentioned I wld need to turn in my current device as well, but was thinking about switching to a back up moto admiral to turn ro them... Not surw of that wld work with them tho....

I am going to do something similar to this except I'm swapping the Samsung Conquer from my other line with the GN2 that's currently on my line. Funny thing is, a Sprint CSR "suggested" that I do this!

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

It will definitely work. I switched to an old Palm Pre rather than surrender my S3.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It will definitely work. I switched to an old Palm Pre rather than surrender my S3.

I can't believe you guys have to pay a "small fee"(which is essentially your etf) then you still have to give them a phone. Their making out like bandits because most people won't think to switch to the oldest phone they have they'll just surrender whatever they purchased a year ago.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe you guys have to pay a "small fee"(which is essentially your etf) then you still have to give them a phone. Their making out like bandits because most people won't think to switch to the oldest phone they have they'll just surrender whatever they purchased a year ago.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

You do not have to give them your phone if you pay the early upgrade fee. It is either pay it and do a regular upgrade (without One Up) or trade in your CURRENT phone if you are NOT eligible for an upgrade so you can do the one up plan.

Also refer to post #13 and #23 since this is the third time I've stated this, lol.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You are wrong,, you play early upgrade fee and have to give them your phone,,, but You get a credit for it also.. I have done this several times.. I paid the 50 upgrade fee,, gave them my lte evo,, (had no choice) but they also gave me a 100 dollar credit for my evo.

rkopsie

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
just got told by a Sprint Rep that even though my upgrade is Jan 2015 that I am eligible for the One Up program, even Cust Serv said the same thing... but I do have to turn in my current phone in order to get the upgrade... so the Sprint Rep that I always go to, told me that I can basically trade in my old LG Rumor, otherwise I'd have to cancel my entire contract which is too much to do, which is great because then I get to keep my Galaxy S4 to sell on CL + have a nice new Note 3 for myself! :cool:

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
You are wrong,, you play early upgrade fee and have to give them your phone,,, but You get a credit for it also.. I have done this several times.. I paid the 50 upgrade fee,, gave them my lte evo,, (had no choice) but they also gave me a 100 dollar credit for my evo.

From Sprint's website:

"Existing customers meeting upgrade eligibility requirements also can participate in Sprint One Up. In celebration of this significant launch, Sprint is rewarding current customers with the opportunity to join Sprint One Up through the holidays. Sprint customers who are not yet upgrade eligible, but have had their current phone for 12 months, can give back their current eligible phone and sign up for Sprint One Up, provided they meet the credit qualifications."

Introducing Sprint One Up

I've read the One Up program up and down to determine whether it is worth it for me to participate in it, lol.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you text 1311, with the word "upgrade", you'll get your status and whether you are eligible. It will also tell you if you need to give back a phone or not.

Attachments

• 2013-10-04-11-31-22.png
    2013-10-04-11-31-22.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 96

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
So somebody correct me if I am wrong on this, please.

I currently have Everything Data Family plan with 2 lines for $110/month + $20 for second line + $10 premium data per phone = $150 Total. I have a corporate discount of 24% on the $110. If I switch to the One Up plan I would need to change to the Unlimited, My Way plan. $90/month + $30 Unlimited Data per phone = $150 Total. However, my discount would only then be applied to the data portion of the plan ($60) so my discount would be $12 less than what it currently is. Also, would I be able to do the One Up program on both phones and get the $15 discount on both lines? Sorry, I'm just a little confused by all these numbers... math was never my thing.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was not eligible for one up because the line I was upgrade was not the line the new phone was got on. If you have to swap lines you can't do the one up..I said why, what the heck is the difference? He wouldn't not budge but agrees it made no sense.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was not eligible for one up because the line I was upgrade was not the line the new phone was got on. If you have to swap lines you can't do the one up..I said why, what the heck is the difference? He wouldn't not budge but agrees it made no sense.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

Do the upgrade on the line that is... "upgradeable"... then do the swap when you get home