Sprint NOTE 3 Cracking audio & Sprint's Response

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Took mine back to BB today. They didn't give me any fuss about taking it back. I haven't gotten to try a long phone call or different carriers but so far so good.

Posted via Android Central App

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
My Note 3 is also having these issues and i bought mine last weekend.... has anyone had any success with Sprint.

I bought mine at the Sprint Store in Bayshore, NY ... thanks

Same for me but after i replaced it the second time they were giving me a hard time and I decided to goto a different store and replace it for the third time. Still the same as the first 2 distorting, crackling etc etc. First two came from Bayshore third one from Huntington ny.

k425

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this has something to do with the brand of LTE network equipment that Sprint is using by market. The market I'm in is using Samsung equipment for LTE/Network Vision and I have yet to experience any of the audio problems described here.

S4GRU.com has (link below) the info as to what brand of LTE/Network Vision equipment is being used by market. I would be interested to see if this plays into the reported issues somehow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2120-listing-of-legacy-vendorsnetwork-vision-vendors-by-market/

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

garyg_nh

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Its the phone (at least in my case) Had the phone swapped yesterday at Best Buy. My calls are clear as a bell now!!

So many Note 3 users are finding the actual phone to be unusable. There are cracking, distorting sounds when making phone calls. This was cited on some other Android websites so the issue is real.

Sprint acknowledged the issue on their own website forum. A "product ambassador" posted that Sprint and Samsung were aware of the problem and looking to solve it. Many people including myself asked if they could extend the return period since Sprint hasn't issued a statement on whether or not a software update will fix this issue. Sprint has not responded.

I checked Sprint's forum today and lo and behold the thread started by their OWN ambassador is now gone.

I feel that this is their way of hoping it quietly goes away.

In any case I kept a history of it because worst case scenario I will file a claim with my credit card company.
The credit card company will then fight the charges with Sprint. This is way better than me trying to get anything done with them.

Considering the charges for the two phones w/o activation fees were over $800, I'm sure my credit card company won't let it go without a fight.

Here is the link to prove that Sprint did indeed have a page up.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/co...alaxy-note-iii-to-a-sprint-product-ambassador

Awesome Mellie

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I received my Note 3 directly from Sprint and haven't had the cracking issues.... Is this an issue with phones being purchased from different places? I had other issues within 24 hours of setting the device up.... Indexing... which led to me having to reformat my device and SD card to correct the issue.

ezza2117

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I just chatted with a Sprint rep about the phone crackling issue with my Note 3. It has been a constant issue since I purchased the phone and used it in many locations. Since I am at the end of the return date range I asked her if more is known about the issue as I am planning to exchange the phone if not. She told me:
"Per my service trender it is stating it is a possible defect of the phone and we need you to take it into a store and let them do an in depth handset investigation on the handset. I do not see any outages but I will mark your area just in case there is something going on and no ticket has been issued as of now."
I continued by saying if it is a defect I would rather exchange the phone and she told me that that will be the store's call. I didn't debate that as I purchased the phone at Best Buy and will try them first. Of to BB I go...

dlm11133

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem on a GN3 that my husband purchased for m on Saturday for my birthday. People's voice would sound slightly garbled and I would hear a little chirping. It seems to have gotten better after chatting online with both sprint and samsung, and them doing troubleshooting with my phone. Now I don't hear the chirping anymore and voices are now clearer so I can understand what they are saying:D. Today it sounds much better. Sprint/samsung said that they are working out a fix for this and it will rollout in an update. But for now, it sounds alot better. I didn't want to trade it in to get another phone with the same issues.

dlm

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I got my sexy white Note 3 from best buy on launch day and no crackling on my phone thank God. And I got the sane update on my phone when I got home. I had called a few of my friends and asked how does the phone sound on there in and I was told my phone sounds crystal clear. :)

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
FYI, an update just came out that is supposed to fix the audio call issues. There's a separate thread about it here. Hopefully that will take care of the problems for those experiencing them.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My Note 3 is also having these issues and i bought mine last weekend.... has anyone had any success with Sprint.

I bought mine at the Sprint Store in Bayshore, NY ... thanks

There's an update for Sprint that is supposed to fix this issue and change the Samsung keyboard. If you haven't gotten it yet, try to download it in your system settings.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Same for me but after i replaced it the second time they were giving me a hard time and I decided to goto a different store and replace it for the third time. Still the same as the first 2 distorting, crackling etc etc. First two came from Bayshore third one from Huntington ny.

There's an update that fixed the problem. Try updating in your system settings.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

defector

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
i have been having audio issues with my note 3 since i got it,i thought is was a minor issues due to location and 3g/4g reception,but this problem is on going.the crackling sound,2 or 3 reception bar all the time while on 4g,while on 3g i get full antenna strength but same crackling conversation. bringing phone to sprint .

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i have been having audio issues with my note 3 since i got it,i thought is was a minor issues due to location and 3g/4g reception,but this problem is on going.the crackling sound,2 or 3 reception bar all the time while on 4g,while on 3g i get full antenna strength but same crackling conversation. bringing phone to sprint .

Did you get the update yet?

DroidNo_OBB

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed the cracking sound quality around my neighborhood in Babylon, NY.... when i traveled and used the phone in Queens and other places, there was no cracking sound... this leads me to believe this is a result of equipment around my house.

defector

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
b4 you do that ,if you really like the phone ,download the updates ,the one that's 26/28 + mgb, i read that on one of the replies to this issue and is working for me.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got a brand new one and now noticed this problem, I took it back and the repair store told me they turned the volume down and it went away. Well, it did, but I wear hearing aids and told them I would be back with it because that was not going to work for me. I'll try it for a little while & see what happens.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63