Sprint NOTE 3 Cracking audio & Sprint's Response

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So many Note 3 users are finding the actual phone to be unusable. There are cracking, distorting sounds when making phone calls. This was cited on some other Android websites so the issue is real.

Sprint acknowledged the issue on their own website forum. A "product ambassador" posted that Sprint and Samsung were aware of the problem and looking to solve it. Many people including myself asked if they could extend the return period since Sprint hasn't issued a statement on whether or not a software update will fix this issue. Sprint has not responded.

I checked Sprint's forum today and lo and behold the thread started by their OWN ambassador is now gone.

I feel that this is their way of hoping it quietly goes away.

In any case I kept a history of it because worst case scenario I will file a claim with my credit card company.
The credit card company will then fight the charges with Sprint. This is way better than me trying to get anything done with them.

Considering the charges for the two phones w/o activation fees were over $800, I'm sure my credit card company won't let it go without a fight.

Here is the link to prove that Sprint did indeed have a page up.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/co...alaxy-note-iii-to-a-sprint-product-ambassador

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So many Note 3 users are finding the actual phone to be unusable. There are cracking, distorting sounds when making phone calls. This was cited on some other Android websites so the issue is real.

Sprint acknowledged the issue on their own website forum. A "product ambassador" posted that Sprint and Samsung were aware of the problem and looking to solve it. Many people including myself asked if they could extend the return period since Sprint hasn't issued a statement on whether or not a software update will fix this issue. Sprint has not responded.

I checked Sprint's forum today and lo and behold the thread started by their OWN ambassador is now gone.

I feel that this is their way of hoping it quietly goes away.

In any case I kept a history of it because worst case scenario I will file a claim with my credit card company.
The credit card company will then fight the charges with Sprint. This is way better than me trying to get anything done with them.

Considering the charges for the two phones w/o activation fees were over $800, I'm sure my credit card company won't let it go without a fight.

Here is the link to prove that Sprint did indeed have a page up.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/co...alaxy-note-iii-to-a-sprint-product-ambassador

I'm really sorry to hear about these issues. Is it an issue with Sprint or is it across all carriers?

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm really sorry to hear about these issues. Is it an issue with Sprint or is it across all carriers?

This seems to be a Sprint issue.

I noticed that the same Ambassador just posted this today:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/co...ors-top-apps-for-your-samsung-galaxy-note-iii

It doesn't address any of the call issues that we're having and in fact, you can't even reply to the thread. I was going to write something along the lines of, "We know the phone is great, we want to know what's being done to resolve the issue."

In any case, it's the same ambassador and it's pretty upsetting that instead of responding to our concerns, they post some useless garbage like that.

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Sprint Note 3 user here, since day one of release I've had no cracking problems. Everything has been a great experience. Came from the Note 2 and its been an improvement for me in regards to signal and other carrier specific aspects. Not to say its not an issue for many, but certainly it isn't everyone that is having problems.

toddbee

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue. It is horrible. So much cracking and popping that you can't understand callers most of the time. Unfortunately I will have to return this phone if there is no fix in sight

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
For everybody not having issues, can you try calling landlines? I've noted that the problem is significantly magnified when calling land lines compared to cellular numbers.

jejiv

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm still encountering crackly when I call friends on Verizon or Sprint but according to them I sound clear on their end.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk now Free

jejiv

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Last week when I tried to place a couple calls they wouldn't go through. I kept getting "This number is no longer in service... Message...". After this happen I used my work's landline and the call went through. Then I tried using my Note 3 again calling the same number and once again I got "This number is no longer in service.... Message... ".

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Last week when I tried to place a couple calls they wouldn't go through. I kept getting "This number is no longer in service... Message...". After this happen I used my work's landline and the call went through. Then I tried using my Note 3 again calling the same number and once again I got "This number is no longer in service.... Message... ".

Different area code perhaps?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1