Sprint users, has anyone that had connection issues...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Have any luck returning the first device and getting a replacement one? The reception on this phone just so definitely worse than my note 2 was. It's sporadic and jumping all over the place and I am not happy with it at all.

Posted via Android Central App

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
My reception with Sprint is just about the same as what I had with my Gnex, I feel bad for all the people having issues with the N3 and sprint

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
My coverage/reception is about as sucky as it was with my GS2. Seriously debating going to Vz, but don't know that the pros will outweigh the cons.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
But no one had a note 3, was unhappy with the reception, exchanged it, and the new one worked better?

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine is great. Never really had an issue with Sprint or connection issues with any phone.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note? 3

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
This is the best Samsung phone i have ever owned. Wifi is strong. The LTE is great. Way better than the S4. Just to think, i was going to give up on Sammy but Note 3 has won me ovet.

Mznik60620

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had issues with my connections and have been contemplating exchanging for another also. I didn't have these issues with my GN2. I also receive messages when on Wi-Fi stating my connection is unstable.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

mcross72

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my Note 3 on sprint for a little over a week. I love this phone, it has it small issues. I'm not sure how many of you have ever bought brand new phones just released to the public, but there are always small issues as they work out the bugs. I had it with my S3 and this Note 3 is no different. Be patient it'll get better as they work out the bugs. People love to dis Sprint but I love Sprint. They are cheaper, they seem to bring out android updates faster than any of the other wireless companys in most cases. Different people around the country have issues with LTE on Sprint. If your Sprint LTE stinks I really feel for you. Here in Michigan we have awesome Sprint LTE. My Note 3 has alot better connection than my S3 did. When I go to the boonies where my cousin lives, you could forget talking on my S3 as well as 3 or 4 g. My Note 3 I can talk on the phone and use 3g. Life is good.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just don't know if it's worth the trouble trying to exchange it for another one and then landing up having a whole new set of problems. After all, the garbled sound in voice calls didn't affect every phone but yet they came up with an update that fixed it. It seems obvious to me that my note 2 did have slightly better reception, but would a replacement fix it? It just bothers me seeing how some members here went from a note 2 to the 3 and have better signal when it's the opposite for me. There are just too many variables for a straight comparison.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
For those experiencing audio problems, the latest update is supposed to address that. Try the update before you do anything drastic.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 Note 3s. I've noticed the reception isn't as good as my Note 2. Both phones drop calls. Just the other night, was talking with a business associate and the call dropped three times. Was really frustrating.

gotchya

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I HAD TO FLASH MY SPRINT S3 TO VZW PREPAID CUZ SPRINT SUCKED SO BAD WHERE I LIVE... SPRINT CS TRIED TO TELL ME IF I GOT **** RECEPTION ON THEIR NETWORK THEN I WOULD GET SAME ****TY RECEPTION IF I FLASHED TO VZW... LOL.... I HAD NO VOICE OR 3G ANYWHERE AROUND THE STREET I JUST MOVED TO WITH SPRINT... ONCE FLASHED TO VZW- BOTT-A-BING... I HAVE HAD 3G AND VOICE ALL THE TIME (EXCEPT I HAVE ISSUE WITH IT ROAMING DUE TO LIMITED FLASHING EXPERIENCE).

SO IF U HAVE A SPRINT PHONE ON SPRINT OR BOOST SERVICE AND U GET **** POOR RECEPTION, INTERMITTENT DATA/3G.... TAKE THAT SAME PHONE TO VZW AND I ITS ALMOST A GUARANTEE U WILL GET KICK *** VOICE AND DATA.... IF U DONT THEN U DROPPED UR PHONE ONE TOO MANY TIMES AND/OR U DID AN UPDATE WHILE SPRINT WAS SCREWING AROUND WITH THEIR WORTHLESS *** 1.86 mghrz TOWERS IN UR AREA; WHICH MEANS U MIGHT AS WELL FLUSH IT.

Btw- if u need help flashing sprint samsung device to vzw or whoever pm me and I can do it in about 10 mins for you (IF U CANT FIGURE IT OUT OR HAVE TROUBLE DOING IT URSELF).

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you referring to cellular reception or WiFi? I'm assuming cellular. I had a Note 2, and my Note 3 has noticeably better WiFi reception than the N2, specifically with my 5Ghz WiFi at home. As for cellular, reception, my N3 has been at least as good as the N2. I'm not trying to say that you're not experiencing difficulties, but I suspect it's more of a coverage issue than anything actually wrong with the phone itself. It is, of course, always possible.

The *only* problem I've had with the N3 is that nobody can understand me at all on "speaker phone" mode. Annoying, but minor (for me) in the grand scheme of things.