Is That A Sim Card?

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I went to install my micro sd card a notice what appears like a sim card under where the micro sd card goes. what is that and how does it benefit the phone?

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Who is your carrier? On the Note the the SIM card and micro sd card are stacked on top of each other with the SIM card on the bottom. So that's what you are seeing.

Sent from my iPad

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Who is your carrier? On the Note the the SIM card and micro sd card are stacked on top of each other with the SIM card on the bottom. So that's what you are seeing.

Sent from my iPad

I would assume he is in Sprint since... He is in the Sprint Forums for the Note 3 :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I am on sprint and as far as i know sprint doesn't use sim cards. Or does it? Can it have something to do with sprints upcoming sparks network?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing. I know VZ has SIM cards and it's CDMA, I figured it was similar. Didn't bother me, just thought it was curious though. I don't have one in the note 2 that I recall, it may be hidden, I'll have to check.

Btw, doesn't the N5 require a SIM-like card in order to activate it? I bet it is related to Spark.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that the sim card is used for the LTE network. I noticed it too and just assumed that's what it was.

Posted via Android Central App

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, my Note 3 box says it has a "SIM card inserted", so I would assume that yes, it is a SIM card. The Get Started guide in the box has a section on "Sprint Worldwide Wireless Service" where there is mention of the ability of the phone to use GSM networks, which (as I understand it) require SIM cards. So I think that's why it's there -- to allow international use on GSM networks. I have no idea if it will work on domestic GSM networks though.

pmoreau

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When I bought my Sprint GN3 last friday I enquiered about the SIM card and they said the one in the phone enabled the phone to work on the Sprint Network. He also said that that an international card (I assume a country that used a network similar to Sprints) could be put in to work on it's network while traviling.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I am on sprint and as far as i know sprint doesn't use sim cards. Or does it? Can it have something to do with sprints upcoming sparks network?

Even thought Sprint uses CDMA, LTE is *technically* a GSM technology. The SIM card is for your LTE connection. Any CDMA phone with LTE will have a SIM card for the LTE connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan