Note 3 Emoticons with Stock Text App

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I hate the green Android emoticons on the stock text app. Is there any app in Play Store that will work on the Note 3 that can be used directly from the stock text app? I tried a couple of apps but you have to open their app, enter the text, select the emoticon and then choose what program on your phone to send the text. I'd rather be able to select the emoticon directly in the stock text app.

isaiah32

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Emoticons with Stock Text App

On the stock Samsung keyboard if you long-press the mic button you get a pop-up with an emoji (and some other settings) on it. When you tap the smiley face, you see all the typical emojis.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, isaiah. I am using Swiftkey with the stock text app. When I hold the return button, it brings up just the symbol, i.e :). When it shows on the message, it is the green Android smiley. When I use the Chomp text app with Swiftkey, it has a lot of emojis to pick from. I've been playing with the stock text app and like it so far, so I wanted to switch to it and still use Swiftkey. Why don't I have the same use of emojis on the stock app using Swiftkey that I have with the Chomp app?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, isaiah. I am using Swiftkey with the stock text app. When I hold the return button, it brings up just the symbol, i.e :). When it shows on the message, it is the green Android smiley. When I use the Chomp text app with Swiftkey, it has a lot of emojis to pick from. I've been playing with the stock text app and like it so far, so I wanted to switch to it and still use Swiftkey. Why don't I have the same use of emojis on the stock app using Swiftkey that I have with the Chomp app?

On the left side of your SwiftKey keyboard, tap the + symbol. The various emoji will show. At the bottom of the screen, there are several categories to choose from. Just tap to choose. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

On the left side of your SwiftKey keyboard, tap the + symbol. The various emoji will show. At the bottom of the screen, there are several categories to choose from. Just tap to choose. Hope this helps.

Are you sure you're talking about Swiftkey? I have never seen a + symbol to select emoji in Swiftkey, only long press on the enter key. The Samsung keyboard has several emoji categories though.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Are you sure you're talking about Swiftkey? I have never seen a + symbol to select emoji in Swiftkey, only long press on the enter key. The Samsung keyboard has several emoji categories though.

Forgive me. I forgot that I use GO SMS Pro, which is free BTW, for my messages. If you give it a try, on the left of the text box there's a blue circle with a + inside. Tap it. A smiley will show, as well as symbols for attachments. Tap the smiley and the Emoji will be available. You can download the Emoji Plugin from the Play Store.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

When I use Swiftkey on the stock text app, the + sign doesn't show next to the message field. Using the Samsung keyboard, I access the emojis via the smiley button. The + sign does display in the Chomp app to access the emojis. What's weird though is when I send a text with emojis using the Samsung keyboard in the stock app, they show as a regular emoji on the text message. When I receive a message with an emoji, it shows as the green Android image. How can I set the stock text app to use "iPhone" like emojis when I receive a message?

piccpete

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

I want to stick with the stock keyboard. Have been totally unhappy with any other keyboards I tried, and this one works fine. EXCEPT for the ugly green smilies!
Please dont try to tell me to install Swiftkey. I didn't like it!
I followed the suggestion below, to simply, while in the "type a message" box, long press the mic key. YES an icon showed up with smiley, touched that, and there they are. decent ones, as opposed to the ugly green weenies.
THANK YOU for the suggestion!