I've experienced that when I use headphones there's a tendency for easy disconnection with the slightest movement of the cable connector. At first I thought it was the result of a faulty headphone cable. After careful inspection I notice that the headphone socket on the Note 3 is slightly offset and not flush with the top of the phone so that the headphone cable end does not sit flush when it's inserted. Thus the cable end is not actually fully inside the socket so that it's probably barely making a connection. I listen to music running the Power Amp app and once in awhile if I jar the cable end the app goes into pause mode because it senses a disconnection. Has anyone else noticed this problem?
    11-19-2013 06:45 PM
    I don't have that device but I know what you're talking about. I've had that happen with various things like voice recorders etc which do seem to have a securely set in piece for it. But I guess theres something too sensitive or not quite strong enough about the connection on such devices.

You may want to go see if you can look at some other devices of that model to see if they're all like that and exchange the phone. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    11-19-2013 06:50 PM
    Do you have a case on the phone? I've had issues like that because the jack wasn't going all the way in due to the case. As soon as I took the case off, it worked just fine.
    11-20-2013 12:19 AM
    I've experienced that when I use headphones there's a tendency for easy disconnection with the slightest movement of the cable connector. At first I thought it was the result of a faulty headphone cable. After careful inspection I notice that the headphone socket on the Note 3 is slightly offset and not flush with the top of the phone so that the headphone cable end does not sit flush when it's inserted. Thus the cable end is not actually fully inside the socket so that it's probably barely making a connection. I listen to music running the Power Amp app and once in awhile if I jar the cable end the app goes into pause mode because it senses a disconnection. Has anyone else noticed this problem?
    As MrWally said, I have had this problem with previous phones due to a case, but I listen use a pair of SkullCandy ear buds on my Note 3 all the time, and I've never noticed anything like this. If you're certain this is not case related and that the headphones themselves are good, you might have a unit with a manufacturing defect. Sorry
    11-20-2013 09:25 AM
    As I mentioned in the post, the cable plug does not sit flush with the socket on the phone. The socket on the phone sits slightly offset possibly because the top of the phone is a little rounded and the diameter of the socket is more than the width of the top of the phone. I'll have to check this against other Note 3 phones to see if it's just a build defect on my phone.
    11-20-2013 02:13 PM
    No case on the phone. See my reply to TenshiNo.
    11-20-2013 02:16 PM
    As I mentioned in the post, the cable plug does not sit flush with the socket on the phone. The socket on the phone sits slightly offset possibly because the top of the phone is a little rounded and the diameter of the socket is more than the width of the top of the phone. I'll have to check this against other Note 3 phones to see if it's just a build defect on my phone.
    IDK what to tell you then. Sounds like you might have an issue with your device. I would recommend going to your nearest Sprint store with the headphones themselves and try them in the demo unit at the store (maybe tell the people at the store what you're doing first). If they fit fine, you know it's just your phone.
    11-22-2013 10:55 AM