Hate Sprint so much right now! (LTE sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday when I was running errands, I wanted to compare prices of a product online versus a store, so I decided to Google it. Of course, just my luck, the connection wouldn't load the page, although as you can see in the screenshot attached, I have LTE reception. It's so frustrating how Sprint's LTE rollout is so crappy, and they're trying to run on "Unlimited data." Maybe if it were quality data, it would be worth it. :(

I'm in the Minneapolis/St Paul area.

unnamed.png

Holby

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I feel your frustration. I just purchased my GN3 a couple of days ago and switched from Verizon. I don't even have 3G at my house and calls are being dropped. Returning mine today and switching to either T mobile or At&t.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I was with Splint (spelled that way intentionally) for about 5 years. I picked up a Splint GN2 in July just before they decided to do their "upgrade". After 3 months of constantly dropping calls and having no data, I returned the phone, paid an early term fee (adjusted down for lack of quality service), picked up a GN3 from AT&T and haven't looked back.

Posted via Android Central App

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I was with Splint (spelled that way intentionally) for about 5 years. I picked up a Splint GN2 in July just before they decided to do their "upgrade". After 3 months of constantly dropping calls and having no data, I returned the phone, paid an early term fee (adjusted down for lack of quality service), picked up a GN3 from AT&T and haven't looked back.

See the thing is I use a lot of data, and I don't want to be bound by limits, so I can't see myself on AT&T or Verizon.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
See the thing is I use a lot of data, and I don't want to be bound by limits, so I can't see myself on AT&T or Verizon.

I was hesitant to switch for that same reason. I just bought 10GB for my two phones so I don't have to worry about it. I figure paying more for something good is better than free nothing.

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the Minneapolis area too and have had good luck with Sprint 4G lte almost everywhere in the metro area. It might have to do with not all the towers being upgraded to yet where you were at.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday when I was running errands, I wanted to compare prices of a product online versus a store, so I decided to Google it. Of course, just my luck, the connection wouldn't load the page, although as you can see in the screenshot attached, I have LTE reception. It's so frustrating how Sprint's LTE rollout is so crappy, and they're trying to run on "Unlimited data." Maybe if it were quality data, it would be worth it. :(

I'm in the Minneapolis/St Paul area.

View attachment 93637

Have you talked to Customer Service about it? Sometimes they may have a fix, or at least an explanation.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Sprint is truly awful. I barely have data speed on it at all anymore, much less LTE. I'm pretty much always on WiFi. Just waiting until I can pay the etf.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This is what pisses me off people.

Does ANYONE think that maybe.....JUST MAYBE....the site is down? Sites do go down that has absolutely nothing to do with your phone or the carrier/service. There's been a few times I couldn't log onto my bank website on my phones with the same message only to fire it up on my laptop when I got home to be greeted with "WEBPAGE NOT AVAILABLE". Hell, even Google has gone down with the same message. According to most it seems, and it doesn't matter the circumstances of the internet itself, that your phone should access anything and everything at any given time at the tap of a button.

Everyone here bashes Sprint and says how the other carriers are sooooo much better. Whatever. Where I live, T-mo blows, AT&T is just OK, and Verizon is spotty. Sprint is the better option. Period. So if you haven't been to ALL four corners of the U.S. and everywhere in between to measure all data and cellular connectivity, I suggest you move to a country where options are not available before you say F**k Sprint.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
We have the right to hate Sprint if our service sucks and they won't waive the etf.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I see where you're coming from Gator.. Some do expect all sites to be up and sometimes that's the issue.. But it is known Sprint sucks in majority of areas. It's just a fact for now till they are done with NV.

Also he can say F Sprint if he wants.. It may not suite him. Just like some may say F T-Mobile where they live but I'll say it's the best of the best due to my area. I beat all carriers anywhere around town.. But I know this isn't the case over all the US.

While you say it's good in your area.. It may not be for him. So take your own advice... Unless you've been where he lives.. On all 4 carriers... Don't bash him for saying F Sprint.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Does TMO offer unlimited?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes but it isn't worth anything if you can't get good coverage.. If I could I'd go with AT&T I would.. I am with Tmobile right now.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
This is what pisses me off people.

Does ANYONE think that maybe.....JUST MAYBE....the site is down? Sites do go down that has absolutely nothing to do with your phone or the carrier/service. There's been a few times I couldn't log onto my bank website on my phones with the same message only to fire it up on my laptop when I got home to be greeted with "WEBPAGE NOT AVAILABLE". Hell, even Google has gone down with the same message. According to most it seems, and it doesn't matter the circumstances of the internet itself, that your phone should access anything and everything at any given time at the tap of a button.

Everyone here bashes Sprint and says how the other carriers are sooooo much better. Whatever. Where I live, T-mo blows, AT&T is just OK, and Verizon is spotty. Sprint is the better option. Period. So if you haven't been to ALL four corners of the U.S. and everywhere in between to measure all data and cellular connectivity, I suggest you move to a country where options are not available before you say F**k Sprint.

The reason I initially switched from Verizon to Splint is that I had no coverage in the area I moved to with Verizon. They kindly let me out of my contract without an early term fee. As I said previously, I was with Splint for about 5 years and was content with their service and quite honestly loved the unlimited data.

I understand that towers get upgraded, but in my business, my phone is my lifeline. I cannot live with calls being dropped multiple times in a conversation, not being able to send a text or make a phone call in one of my restaurants, or missing important calls because I have no service. I expressed my concern with Splint on several occasions, and yes, while they knocked some money off of my bill, there was no resolution with the service. What pisses me off about Splint is how their customer service has declined over the course of the last 5 years. I had three phones with them, and I asked that the ETF for the business line be waived. They refused citing that my service was at their standard. I then asked that my phone number be switched to the shortest contract so I could pay a lesser ETF. Again they refused. I ultimately negotiated a reduced ETF, but had to return the device. I didn't have this kind of headache dealing with Verizon.

I will say that now that I'm with AT&T, I realize the quality of connectivity and data speed I was missing out on with Splint.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I see where you're coming from Gator.. Some do expect all sites to be up and sometimes that's the issue.. But it is known Sprint sucks in majority of areas. It's just a fact for now till they are done with NV.

Also he can say F Sprint if he wants.. It may not suite him. Just like some may say F T-Mobile where they live but I'll say it's the best of the best due to my area. I beat all carriers anywhere around town.. But I know this isn't the case over all the US.

While you say it's good in your area.. It may not be for him. So take your own advice... Unless you've been where he lives.. On all 4 carriers... Don't bash him for saying F Sprint.

My advice was for not saying F Sprint just because it's not good in his area because it's great in mine. Sure he right to say whatever he want's. So do I. So don't patronize me by saying take my own advice because I haven't/didn't bash his service and/or carrier or a carrier he wishes to move to. There is a difference. Now if I said F VZW because it sucks in my area....then yeah, the "take your own advice" would hold water.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My advice was for not saying F Sprint just because it's not good in his area because it's great in mine. Sure he right to say whatever he want's. So do I. So don't patronize me by saying take my own advice because I haven't/didn't bash his service and/or carrier or a carrier he wishes to move to. There is a difference. Now if I said F VZW because it sucks in my area....then yeah, the "take your own advice" would hold water.

If you say so.. You're only seeing one side but that's normal for most people. You tell him to not say F Sprint because you like them.. I say don't tell him to not say it because you like them.. Tomato Tamato.

Either way.. Carriers are extremely area dependent so.. You enjoy your LTE... As we can see his seems to have issues just like others have.. Including myself when I was with Sprint. :).

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The reason I initially switched from Verizon to Splint is that I had no coverage in the area I moved to with Verizon. They kindly let me out of my contract without an early term fee. As I said previously, I was with Splint for about 5 years and was content with their service and quite honestly loved the unlimited data.

I understand that towers get upgraded, but in my business, my phone is my lifeline. I cannot live with calls being dropped multiple times in a conversation, not being able to send a text or make a phone call in one of my restaurants, or missing important calls because I have no service. I expressed my concern with Splint on several occasions, and yes, while they knocked some money off of my bill, there was no resolution with the service. What pisses me off about Splint is how their customer service has declined over the course of the last 5 years. I had three phones with them, and I asked that the ETF for the business line be waived. They refused citing that my service was at their standard. I then asked that my phone number be switched to the shortest contract so I could pay a lesser ETF. Again they refused. I ultimately negotiated a reduced ETF, but had to return the device. I didn't have this kind of headache dealing with Verizon.

I will say that now that I'm with AT&T, I realize the quality of connectivity and data speed I was missing out on with Splint.

That's a great explanation of your problem, concerns, and resolution. I agree with you though, they should have let you out without an ETF. Period. But honestly, I have had no problems with them, although I haven't had the problems you've had. If I was in your boat, I would have done the same thing.

In my area, VZW is spotty but go up the road 10 miles and the service is outstanding. T-mo...fageddaboutit. AT&T is the only other carrier besides Sprint that get's great service out here but I like having unlimited data. Sure, it can be slow....but it works.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
My advice was for not saying F Sprint just because it's not good in his area because it's great in mine.

As compared to? What other carriers have you used in the last year that justify this assessment. This is my speed test on AT&T's network this afternoon. I was lucky to squeeze 12 Mbps out of Splint's network on their new LTE in Columbus, OH.

2013-12-01 18.08.10.jpg

I'd be interested to see your killer data speeds on the Splint network in your area.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If you say so.. You're only seeing one side but that's normal for most people. You tell him to not say F Sprint because you like them.. I say don't tell him to not say it because you like them.. Tomato Tamato.

Either way.. Carriers are extremely area dependent so.. You enjoy your LTE... As we can see his seems to have issues just like others have.. Including myself when I was with Sprint. :).

NO, I see both sides. It's the argument of......"CHEVY SUCKS"....but never has driven one in the mountains but only driven in the city. Just because HIS service sucks where he lives, doesn't mean ALL Sprint service sucks. You're right though, these carriers are area dependent. In fact, I do have LTE in my area! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.