HELP: Can't see ALL folders when connected to PC

American Nationals

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I bought my wife and I the new Note 3 last thursday and getting around to seeing how everything works.

When I connect the phone to my computer, I can't see all the FOLDERS like I used to be able to on my OLD HTC EVO 4G phone.

The Note 3 shows up on my Windows 7 as a "Portable Devices (1)" and my HTC EVO shows up as a "Removable Disk (D)".

Is there something I need to do, so I can see ALL the folders in the Note 3?

I can't get access to the "/emulated/0" directory.

Thanks for the help.
Screenshot.jpg

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. You are using the cord the Note 3 came with, correct? When I plug my Note 3 it shows up just like your HTC. Did you by chance have a pop up Window when plugged in the Note 3? Sorry I can't directly tell you what's wrong, just trying to weed out some possible unknowns.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am using the cord that came with the phone. Should I try another cord? And yes, I did get a pop up window. I'm using windows 7 ultimate.

There's a setting to show hidden files and folders in the phone (not sure if it's the same with yours) but try a file explorer app and search your phone with it, see if it pops up the dialog box to ask whether to show them. Also that's usually a setting on Windows too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2