Samsung Calendar

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

I no longer have any Samsung devices but I'd look for a calendar app in Settings--app--all and see if you're able to select it, then disable it from there.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
IMO, I've tried both & I like the Samsung calendar better, it will sync with Google calendar if you set it to, Google calendar doesn't show any idea of what you have scheduled for that day just that you have something scheduled. Samsung calender will show you a short title of what you have scheduled, if you set it show you.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just looked at google calendar in the play store. I might be wrong, they must have improved the app. I downloaded it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

arundc

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Any way to remove/disable the Samsung Calendar...or at least set Google Calendar as the default? Galaxy Note 3

Did you get your answer? I'm hoping to disable the Samsung calendar and use Google's exclusively. Double reminders are annoying....

anon(421311)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Open calendar app, menu key, calendars and uncheck samsung and pick the ones you want. I use gmail which I think is google calendar.

This isn't actually the question that was asked. The question was "how do we use the Google calendar application instead of the Samsung calendar application?"

I'd like to know the answer to that question, too. The Samsung app is almost ok, but won't let me choose the default reminder time. I'm stuck with a warning 10 minutes before the event, which is simply not enough time for an appointment. Google's calendar will let me set the default to be longer.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
This isn't actually the question that was asked. The question was "how do we use the Google calendar application instead of the Samsung calendar application?"

I'd like to know the answer to that question, too. The Samsung app is almost ok, but won't let me choose the default reminder time. I'm stuck with a warning 10 minutes before the event, which is simply not enough time for an appointment. Google's calendar will let me set the default to be longer.

I use the Samsung calendar and it gives me approx 16 different time options for a reminder (1 min, 5 min, 1 hr, 1 day, 1 week etc) as well as allowing me to set a customized time if one of their options isn't what I'm looking for.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon