All images on my Sprint Note 3 are pixellated/low-quality (Instagram, Google, browser, etc.)

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Google image quality is horrible, pictures almost everywhere just look like it was taken with a microwave. Huuuge pixelated marks in all images, Instagram has got better, it's hit and miss though still. Any ideas?

Screenshots_2014-01-31-07-04-37.jpg
Screenshots_2014-01-31-07-10-32.jpg
Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Do you see photos in the Photo app in the same way?! This is awful.

Are u taking about on my gallery? Any pictures I take with the camera turn out perfect, great quality. It's just images that have to load from somewhere.

That picture of the island is an 800x600. It shouldn't be like that crappy on a phone, especially a brand new one. Pandora is the worst, album covers are horrible. I'll see if I can get to a computer and load up one of those

Posted via Android Central App

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Are u taking about on my gallery? Any pictures I take with the camera turn out perfect, great quality. It's just images that have to load from somewhere.

That picture of the island is an 800x600. It shouldn't be like that crappy on a phone, especially a brand new one. Pandora is the worst, album covers are horrible. I'll see if I can get to a computer and load up one of those

Unfortunately, it seems like the issue may be out of your hands. From what I can tell, the problem lies with Sprint and is affecting a host of devices. There are many corroborating posts here:

Sprint Community: Pixelated/Low Quality Images on Sprint 3G/LTE

You might be able to correct the issue by using an app like PRL Helper to change your PRL to one that wouldn't be affected... but I can't say for sure if it would work, or which PRL file you'd want to write.

Last edited:

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have seen the same thing on my gs3 although it does get addressed while on wifi. i see it the most on apps like chive and imgur

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca