Dissatisfaction with my Note 3!

effect18

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I tried really hard to like this phone. Actually, I'm still trying. I paid a lot of money to get this phone and upgrade from my Evo 3d. It does some things well but it has some nagging issues that are really affecting my experience. Here are some of the most annoying to me.

1) My Wifi connection continuously cycles off and on for no apparent reason. Evo 3d never did that.

2) A VERY noticeable lag occurs sporadically during usage. It lasts for about 2 seconds, then registers all the key presses that occurred during the lag.

3) There's a bug when attempting to assign custom notifications to individual contacts. I've tried Ringdroid, and Ringtone Maker, both will create the notification sound, but it won't populate to the list of available notifications that you see from the contacts page. If you click on Contacts, and select a contact, then go down to Message Alert, the notification you just created will not be there. But the weird thing is it will be in the System notification menu. If you press the Menu button(from you homescreen),then Settings, then Device (at the top), then Sound, then Default notification sound, it will be there. This is a frustrating glitch. My Evo 3d never did that.

4) Why is the Camera and Music player disabled during a call? My Evo 3d never did that.

5) My Magazine is a nice concept, but it shouldn't take 3 seconds after swiping up to begin.

Honestly, this is my first Samsung phone, so some of you may have already been aware of some of these issues. But unless I'm just an *****, and someone on this forum knows how to fix all these issues, I think I would have been better off getting another HTC device.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried really hard to like this phone. Actually, I'm still trying. I paid a lot of money to get this phone and upgrade from my Evo 3d. It does some things well but it has some nagging issues that are really affecting my experience. Here are some of the most annoying to me.

1) My Wifi connection continuously cycles off and on for no apparent reason. Evo 3d never did that.

2) A VERY noticeable lag occurs sporadically during usage. It lasts for about 2 seconds, then registers all the key presses that occurred during the lag.

3) There's a bug when attempting to assign custom notifications to individual contacts. I've tried Ringdroid, and Ringtone Maker, both will create the notification sound, but it won't populate to the list of available notifications that you see from the contacts page. If you click on Contacts, and select a contact, then go down to Message Alert, the notification you just created will not be there. But the weird thing is it will be in the System notification menu. If you press the Menu button(from you homescreen),then Settings, then Device (at the top), then Sound, then Default notification sound, it will be there. This is a frustrating glitch. My Evo 3d never did that.

4) Why is the Camera and Music player disabled during a call? My Evo 3d never did that.

5) My Magazine is a nice concept, but it shouldn't take 3 seconds after swiping up to begin.

Honestly, this is my first Samsung phone, so some of you may have already been aware of some of these issues. But unless I'm just an *****, and someone on this forum knows how to fix all these issues, I think I would have been better off getting another HTC device.

1 - that's a setting. Go to options, wifi, click your menu button (bottom left of your phone) and turn off "auto network switch" (see below screenshot)

2 - nothing prompts it? Just random?

3 - not sure on this

4 - this is a Sprint thing.. Mt HTC One on Sprint did this.. No clue why. My T-Mobile Note 3 doesn't do this... I can use the camera when on a call.

5 - Samsung doesn't exactly develop the best software. I disabled it and use Flipboard.. Works better.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1391204832684.jpg
    1391204832684.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 51

anon8378318

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

1) Make sure network switching is off in WiFi settings AND Sprint Connections Optimizer is off in Mobile Network settings.

2) This seems to be software related and have noticed it reduces and goes aways as the phone is on. Only happens to me after restarting or powering back on mostly.

3) Haven't had this issue so can't really explain or help.

4) Sprint modification. Not sure what the limitation is there for.

5) New Samsung app being implemented and tested. It's gonna have its issues. But prolly will be dropped on future devices from what I saw in recent articles.

Hopefully a lot of things will be sorted out in the 4.4.2 Kit Kat update. And if history shows Sprint will prolly drop their Galaxy line updates before anyone else most likely. Overall still a great phone to me and hopefully will be for you.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7