Thinking about making the switch from Verizon to Sprint

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently with Verizon with an iPhone 5. My iphone doesn't use that much data. I had the GS4 for 3 weeks and it went over 8gb of data used. I'm not trying to pay the big price for the higher GB plan. Thinking about canceling my line with Verizon and switching to sprint for the unlimited data. I've been with sprint before but it's been years. The service was horrible and the call quality was horrible. I was just wondering if the service has got any better???

Tapped out on my iPhone 5

anon8378318

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I live in NY and service is good for me. Usually all over Manhatten , and I live in the Bronx. Great so far in those places. Aside from a few places the service is acceptable for me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently with Verizon with an iPhone 5. My iphone doesn't use that much data. I had the GS4 for 3 weeks and it went over 8gb of data used. I'm not trying to pay the big price for the higher GB plan. Thinking about canceling my line with Verizon and switching to sprint for the unlimited data. I've been with sprint before but it's been years. The service was horrible and the call quality was horrible. I was just wondering if the service has got any better???

Tapped out on my iPhone 5

My suggestion is to go to a Sprint store and test out the phones there. Check the speed and ask around. Service varies depending on where you live. I live in Southern Cali and it is about 80/20 now as far as service goes. 80 being 4g and good and 20 being 3G and moderate. I don't get very many dropped calls as before. All in all I am glad I stuck with Sprint

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
My suggestion is to go to a Sprint store and test out the phones there. Check the speed and ask around. Service varies depending on where you live. I live in Southern Cali and it is about 80/20 now as far as service goes. 80 being 4g and good and 20 being 3G and moderate. I don't get very many dropped calls as before. All in all I am glad I stuck with Sprint

My bf just made the opposite switch: sprint to Verizon. We also live in southern cali, don't know exactly where you live but we are in North County san Diego and the sprint service is AWFUL! He would get at least 10-15 dropped calls a day, or the connection would be so bad that you cannot understand what the person on the other end of the phone is saying, it got to the point where he was having to use my phone (I've been with Verizon since I moved to the US almost 6 yrs ago) to make calls for his business. So, when the note 3 was being released he switched over to Verizon and hasn't looked back since.

I will say though, it really depends on where you live. We have friends and family in NY and NJ who use Sprint and it's very reliable and a great price for them.

I would do as others have suggested and test the phone out with Sprint for a couple of weeks and see how it works out.

Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Aio wirless

At&t

Unlimited data

High speed cap then throttled to a very manageable 128ish kbps.

I am on the old 7gb high speed plan.
Used over 20gb, no hastle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech