Visit site
Re: Kit Kat on Sprint note 3 - IT'S HAPPENING

You mean it's coming, not it's happening! F me, get it right! Lol

Posted via AC App via note 3

Greg Wilkins

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Edit, just cleared Google services framework, hit check for updates and just had a 2 hour 503.29 mb update to kit kat!

Posted via AC App via note 3

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I didn't even have to do the framework thing, just searched for update and there it was. Can't install it until later, does anyone have any first impressions? I am going to miss the green battery. :-(

Posted via Android Central App

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I did a manual check for updates in the appropriate settings menu, and it was available. Took ~45 minutes or so to download the ~500MB package and a longer than normal boot to finish updating everything, but I've got KitKat now. Does anyone happen to know if this update fixes the flaky WiFi connection and erroneous KNOX notification issues? I didn't see mention of them specifically anywhere, but maybe they fall under something general like carrier-specific fixes.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Mine is waiting. Going to town and will down load later on 4G. Home connection is ridiculously slow this morning.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

dbrad39

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Well I started my download earlier while I was on my home network. It didnt complete because I left home. Now I can't get it to download anymore be it on wifi or 4g. Help!!!

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Well I started my download earlier while I was on my home network. It didnt complete because I left home. Now I can't get it to download anymore be it on wifi or 4g. Help!!!

Same thing here, it stopped at 330mb and I have the exact same problem you do. Even Best Buy couldn't push it and Kies days I'm up to date and shows MJ4 as the latest update.

HELP! :banghead:

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Ah cute little sammy owners their finally getting 4.4. :)

irl, I'm suprised Sammy did it this fast, and has a big update list.

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Took me like an hour to download over Wifi, I really do like the white icons..yea yea minor details but still.

also I think battery life did improve for me, which is what I was hoping would happen..overall im pleased.

dbrad39

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Have you had any luck getting it started again?
Same thing here, it stopped at 330mb and I have the exact same problem you do. Even Best Buy couldn't push it and Kies days I'm up to date and shows MJ4 as the latest update.

HELP! :banghead:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Have you had any luck getting it started again?

Nope. I have rebooted, cleared dalvik, pulled battery, cleared Google services cache and still get the same result. I can find nothing on Sprint or Sammobile other than it was released today but no links for download.

I will try Kies again tomorrow and call Sprint tech. I'll post results, or not. :(

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Finally got it this morning in a very slow download via wifi. Took over 2 hours. Everything looks the way it did before except for the while icons in the notification bar. I haven't dug into menus yet but it does appear to be a bit snappier. I believe the servers were overloaded yesterday and they shut them down for a period, nothing else makes sense to me. Nonetheless, I got it without any extraordinary effort. Just hit update and it started downloading after trying it intermittently last night. 👍

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Took me total,, download,, install,, done 85 mins total on lte

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I have one widget that uses the default font and it changed. Everything else is still in the downloaded font I've been using for months.

davism490

May 19, 2010
Visit site

I got mine downloaded at 1am Friday morning. Not seeing a whole lot that is different, but definitely is much snappier and battery life is improved(both major pluses in my book)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech