Help with color on my phone

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy note 3 said it needed to upgrade something and when it started back up my screen was black and my battery icon, WIFI and others things are like a negative gray. I want my white color back with my white phone. How to I get it back?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy note 3 said it needed to upgrade something and when it started back up my screen was black and my battery icon, WIFI and others things are like a negative gray. I want my white color back with my white phone. How to I get it back?

Welcome to Android Central :)
Could you post screenshots of what it looks like?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Could you post screenshots of what it looks like?

This will be the fastest way for us to identify what the issue is. For reference, you can grab a screenshot by holding the power and home buttons down simultaneously until you see/hear the capture. I would also ensure that the "negative colors" setting is disabled, it may have been turned on inadvertently:

Settings > Device > Accessibility > Negative colors​

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I would also ensure that the "negative colors" setting is disabled, it may have been turned on inadvertently:

This is what it sounds like to me. Didn't know it was an option in stock TouchWiz

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This will be the fastest way for us to identify what the issue is. For reference, you can grab a screenshot by holding the power and home buttons down simultaneously until you see/hear the capture. I would also ensure that the "negative colors" setting is disabled, it may have been turned on inadvertently:

Palm motion should also work for screen shot if enabled. Some might prefer it over the home+power button method

epuneze5.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Nope it was the Android 4.4.2 that is screwing with my phone. I can't type on my online banking. It is showing in black and not letting me type and also taking a while to select something

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Nope it was the Android 4.4.2 that is screwing with my phone. I can't type on my online banking. It is showing in black and not letting me type and also taking a while to select something

Reboot into recovery mode (Volume up + home + power) and wipe the cache partition. See if that helps with the delays. It won't delete any user data so you don't need to back any thing up

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
How often does the Android software update? I am not liking the 4.4.2

I suspect that over the course of the next couple of days you'll get used to it. :)

Thankfully the changes in 4.4.2 itself are relatively minor on the surface, so as Kevin said, you'll probably be used to it in no time. I'd say the improvements under the hood, so to speak, are likely worth the adjustment to UI changes — though some may say otherwise. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams