Note 3: "Camera Failed" Error

Kristin Honzik

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had my new Note 3 for a little less than a month. Just the other day, I'd had it turned off for a few hours, and ever since I turned it back on, my camera won't open ("camera failed") error. It also won't open in any other apps (snapchat, etc.. it crashes instagram when I try to use it).

I've tried clearing data and cache, and rebooting. Made sure there's plenty of RAM. I haven't done a factory reset on it.. is there any other troubleshooting options before I try a reset, then hassle someone about my warranty?

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Camera Failed" Error

I've had my new Note 3 for a little less than a month. Just the other day, I'd had it turned off for a few hours, and ever since I turned it back on, my camera won't open ("camera failed") error. It also won't open in any other apps (snapchat, etc.. it crashes instagram when I try to use it).

I've tried clearing data and cache, and rebooting. Made sure there's plenty of RAM. I haven't done a factory reset on it.. is there any other troubleshooting options before I try a reset, then hassle someone about my warranty?

Welcome to the forums.
I would try clearing system cache in recovery, and see if that helps. I think this method will work. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Follow instructions for the S3.

DEEPAK BANOTA

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Camera Failed" Error

i had the same problem with my moto g. i tried switching my phone off and on, and the camera worked. but i didn't want to keep turning my phone off and on so i tried finding the root problem. i came to know that every time i do not exit Skype properly, i get camera error. but the solution was simple, i just go to Skype, try to make a video call and the camera starts working. just make sure you don't directly kill the task and exit the app properly.

i don't know if this will work for you or not but it worked for me. good luck!

parasta1372

May 17, 2014
Visit site

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just an aside, not necessarily a fix: try downloading Google Camera from the Play Store.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

fady263

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I had that problem just today, so i decided to uninstall all the apps i downloaded (they were the cleaner master, and the other apps from Mobile Cheetah and the anututu tester) clear cache and data from camera, removed the torch widget and restarted my phone, seems to work fine for now, will wait and see if it happens again.
coming form a note 4, my dad has a galaxy s5 and has the cleaner master app, it would seem if u have that app, it may interfering with the camera somehow

Leo Ismail

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I have done all of the above, still no camera.

Heyyy, I made an account just to tell you what I did as I had the exact same problem just now.

I removed the 'torch' widget from my homescreen (GoLauncher's) and boom it all works again.

Double check your home screens, make sure there's no widgets that might conflict with the gallery or camera.

It could be as simple as that. Best of luck x

ASenseOfPurpose

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I had this error on my Note 3. I followed the advice given to remove the flashlight app from the Go Launcher series and hey presto! it works again....

Thank you for the assist!

durogani

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I have problem with my Galaxy not 3 front camera, the normal back view camera is working perfectly. But each time i tired to change from normal back camera to front camera, it got freeze and show Beauty face in dark blank. Please, I will appreciate any information to fix this problem.

Spoderman21

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello there, I have the same problem here too. But in my case, the problem was, very disapointing, the problem was a hardware issue, some part of front and back camera came loose and broke internally. So that leaves my front camera busted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol