Sprint Note 3: Wifi Issue

nirajvashi

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
There has been a lot of discussion on the internet about the Wifi Connectivity Problem of the Note 3.

Can any user of Sprint Note 3 throw light on is he getting the same problem of low signal and frequent disconnection?

Also, some have mentioned about call quality problems.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint Note 3 Wifi Issue

There has been a lot of discussion on the internet about the Wifi Connectivity Problem of the Note 3.

Can any user of Sprint Note 3 throw light on is he getting the same problem of low signal and frequent disconnection?

Also, some have mentioned about call quality problems.

Thank you

I haven't had any connectivity problems with WiFi. In fact, I find the Note 3 is able to pick up strong signals all over the place. I suggest you have your phone checked out at a Sprint service store. As far as call quality problems, I haven't really had any. But the new WiFi calling upgrade should help if that happens.

thealiasone

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I've had the Note 3 on Sprint since release day. Factory build - no hacks - no mods - not rooted. I have HORRIBLE wifi issues. When it does connect - it works great. But it will diconnect from a perfectly good wifi network every couple of minutes. I've tried several different brands of Routers - everything from home versions (netgear, dlink, linksys) to the nice corporate flavors (Aruba and Proxim/ Orinoco) and various speeds (g, n, ac) and encryption methods. Nothing so far has made any difference in stability. In all my research - it seems to be an issue with the radio / antenna in the Note 3. None of my other phones have the same issues. I've read that Kit Kat is supposed to help some - but I'm not holding my breath. After a clean system wipe / reload I can hold wifi up to 5 minutes before it disconnects. But after running it for a couple of months - I can't hold any wifi signal for more than 2-3 minutes tops. Sprint store checked it out and said "Sorry - appears to be a Samsung issue - try contacting them" ... I'm really hoping 4.4 corrects this or we see a firmware update.

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

It's gotten better with kit kat . But some apps refuse to load data on wifi . Like Facebook and instagram .

Posted via Android Central App

GraentVeldi

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
This is my second Note 3 in a week. I'm not Sprint either, but T-Mobile. 4.4.2 stock. Straight out of the boxes they had and have issues with connecting to wifi. The first would actually connect then drop, but the second won't at all. Various locations with great signals that I could easily connect with my old Blaze, but now nothing. I've tried all the tips and tricks found throughout the web to no avail. Tech service just said it was a known issue and walked me through the steps I had had already taken numerous times prior to calling them. Awesome phone rendered nearly useless by this blaring (to me) issue. :'(

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Are you guys disabling sprints connection optimizer? This cleared my issues. I actually echo Ntchwaidumela- the note 3 trounces every other phone I have ever had- and even my ipad air has noticably less range. Wifi is near the top of my likes list for this device.

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
We have 3 note 3's in the house. Two are on sprint and one is at&t. Never had a single issue with any of them connecting to any wi-fi anywhere. Sounds like maybe it's a t-mobile issue.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Mike Callery

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, more so that I actually have to research this. When I bought my first Note 3 directly from Sprint, I never had issues with WiFi. I was on a different home router but still not issues. I made the mistake of moving to an iPhone 5s for a while and now moved back. Picked this up off a good, certified eBay buyer. I've had nothing but problems with my WiFi on a Cox cisco router. I'll see a great connection, and then it's like the WiFi goes to sleep and doesn't stay on. I'll see a message at the bottom that it reconnects. I've gone through all my settings looking for anything but no luck. Arghh. I was so happy to switch back but now it is very frustrating.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have AT&T and yes, you need to turn off any Sprint wifi programs. We have AT&T smart wifi I always disable that.

Also, can you do the service codes on the dial screen with Sprint? Any of the *# codes? This one will bring up the menu that you will need: *#197328640#

When the black screen comes up, hit the menu button and a menu pops up, go to "WiFi" on that menu. There is a "WiFi Power Save Mode" with a button that will say "ON" and has a blue light under ON. Turn that off and then just hit your back button or the menu button, bring up the menu and hit "end". If that code doesn't work on Sprint, find one of the *# codes that does work on Sprint and the "WiFi" is in the menu of all of those screens when you tap the menu button.

zjones1008

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I've always HATED the connection optimizer. On my old S2 it used to shut off the wifi every time i would lock my screen. I always turn it off whenever i get a new phone from sprint. In response to the question, no problems here with my wifi connectivity.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
There are also a LOT of options in advance in wifi settings, like one that will let it automatically disconnect from wifi if it determines your data signal is better, one that makes it constantly scan, which uses a lot of battery because it wakes the phone a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae