Help with Note 3

kcdlight

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I updated to Lollipop and wow what a mistake. Today I had to end up going to the Sprint Store. It would keep rebooting on its own constantly. They said I had a corrupt file in the Lollipop update. So they factory reset it and tried getting the Lollipop again. The exact thing happened again, it kept rebooting. so they factory reset it again, wiped it clean and put version 4.4.4 back on the phone and informed me to wait until the next version of lollipop comes out and then update. Guess what???? The phone is still rebooting even after the factory reset. I took approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes for that to happen. Any ideas on what I do now. Please help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring it back to them. If the update caused hardware damage, it's their liability legally. They broke your phone, they have to replace it with an equivalent or better. (IOW, they can't tell you that they no longer have Note 3 so they can't replace it - if it gets to court a judge would tell them to replace it with a phone at least as good as the Note 3 - which would mean a Note 4. If they don't believe you, tell them to call corporate and speak to the legal department.)

Until the carriers force Google to revert back to a 27 year old update method that didn't allow for corruption, they'll have to eat corrupted updates. We have no influence with Google - the carriers do, and when it hurts them in the bottom line they do something about it.

kcdlight

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I was planning on taking it back up there. I just didn't know if there was anything I could do in the mean time to get it fixed. Obviously factory reset is not the answer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12