Lollipop update killed my music

beardking

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to Lollipop last week and today I found out that about half of the music on my phone now gives a "Sorry, the player does not support this type of file" error message when I try to play them. These are all MP3 files that I have played hundreds of times before. On top of that, I'll be able to play one file from an album and then the next file from the same album (made at the same time) gives the error above. On top of getting that error, it will not move to the next file that it can play. It just stops playing altogether.

Has anyone else had this issue and HOPEFULLY found a solution? Right now my plan of action is to delete all of my music off my phone and then transfer it all back on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the music located in Internal Storage or on a microSD card? MicroSD cards get corrupted more easily.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But not every file has to get corrupted on an SD card. Try this--identify one of the music files that isn't playing, and copy it to the phone's Internal Storage, or to your computer. If it can't be played from either location, then the file got corrupted.

beardking

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried B. Diddy's suggestion above and the files were fine. I ended up formatting my SD card and completely cleaning it off. While I had the card in my computer to reload the music, I happened to look at my music on my phone, and all of it was still there. I'm not sure how, but somehow I had duplicate copies of everything being stored on my SD card and on the phone itself. Since it was taking forever for the music to load onto my SD card, I just called it quits and I'm using the files stored on the phone. I still don't really know what happened, but at least I have a work around now and won't get stuck without music for a 2 hour motorcycle ride again. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol